Gator Case for Jupiter 80

Forum for JUPITER-80
donutninja

Gator Case for Jupiter 80

Post by donutninja »

I'm going to be taking this on the road here and there, and I was wondering if anyone has tried the hardshell Gator case (model # GKPE-76-TSA) for the Jupiter? The dimensions look perfect, however the height is a bit TOO perfect. The Jupiter is 5.5" tall, and the interior dimensions of the case are 5.5".

If there's foam on the inside of the lid (which I know there is), will this mean the Jupiter won't fit? Just wondering if anyone has experience with this specific model. There's a "deep" version of the case which I know will work, but if this one is a perfect fit, and also lighter and cheaper, I'd rather give it a shot.

Thanks
gfan80

Re: Gator Case for Jupiter 80

Post by gfan80 »

donutninja wrote:I'm going to be taking this on the road here and there, and I was wondering if anyone has tried the hardshell Gator case (model # GKPE-76-TSA) for the Jupiter? The dimensions look perfect, however the height is a bit TOO perfect. The Jupiter is 5.5" tall, and the interior dimensions of the case are 5.5".

If there's foam on the inside of the lid (which I know there is), will this mean the Jupiter won't fit? Just wondering if anyone has experience with this specific model. There's a "deep" version of the case which I know will work, but if this one is a perfect fit, and also lighter and cheaper, I'd rather give it a shot.

Thanks
While I don't own the 76-TSA version, I own the GK-76 version and I think it fits perfectly for this keyboard.
donutninja

Post by donutninja »

Thanks for the info. I did some checking on that model, and it's slightly bigger than the one I'm looking at. It's the semi-rigid bag, not the hard plastic one, correct?
gfan80

Post by gfan80 »

donutninja wrote:Thanks for the info. I did some checking on that model, and it's slightly bigger than the one I'm looking at. It's the semi-rigid bag, not the hard plastic one, correct?
yea. I bought it for cost measures and also because I never had a problem with semi rigged cases.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

What was the verdict? I am now looking for a hard case not a rigid case/bag for the Jupiter-80. As the original poster stated a couple years ago, I am looking at the Gator cases too specifically the Gator GKPE-76-TSA - 76-Key case. It's dimensions:

Internal Length 51.5"
Internal Width 18"
Internal Height 5.5"

I am wondering if the Height is too tight as well and is there room for the powere cord. There should be a couple inches for the cord but not sure if there is with the sectional divider.

Any thoughts?
blong5150

Post by blong5150 »

I use the GKPE-88-TSA (88 key version) for my Jupiter 80 and it works fine. FYI - Sweetwater's "Case Finder" app says the GKPE-76-TSA fits. Awesome case too!
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

Hey, thanks for your info. I have the 61 key version and like it. Sweetwater is where I will most likely purchase because they have 24 mos interest free financing on Gator cases at the moment. Thanks again!
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

Sorry for the long delay...
I did end up getting the GKPE-76-TSA for the Jupiter-80 just in time for a performance back in December. The case is great. It has a snug fit with the Jupiter-80 and there is just enough room for the power cable and audio cable. It is a heavy Kit together but worth the protection.
arock

Post by arock »

I just picked up the GKPE-76-TSA as well. The Jupiter 80 does fit, but only with the section dividers completely to the left and right sides, and there is no room in my case for the power cord.

Synthtron, how did you arrange the dividers and the top foam pieces? I ended up putting the 2 thinnest black foam and 1 of the gray eggshell pieces lengthwise across the top so they sit over the keybed. I arranged them so they don't put pressure on the mod/pitch stick. The height of the main control panel of the Jupiter 80 is too high to have any foam above it.

In any event, this case will definitely protect the keyboard!