bowed piano sound anyone?

Forum for JUPITER-80
doctorrock

bowed piano sound anyone?

Post by doctorrock »

i've spent the best part of the past hour trying and failing to come up with the sound of a piano with a slow attack - a "bowed" piano if you like. you'd think this would be pretty simple to achieve but i can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. help please!
mojkarma

Re: bowed piano sound anyone?

Post by mojkarma »

AFAIK, you have offset parameter for the ADSR curve. Take a look into the parameter manual on p. 21. It's the Live Set Layer Screen.
cello

Post by cello »

ADSR only applies to synth sounds - not SN Acoustics, I think.

With the SN acoustics there are only a few variables. Possibly this is what the OP is trying to do - edit an acoustic tone?

My suggestion would be to go to an init Liveset (I used 2340), then work with one init synth (I used 2048), hit 'Synth edit' then go to the wave area and select PCM. Select 121 - Electric Piano.

That gives you a starting point. Bottom right of screen has your ADSR which you can then adjust. Would also suggest playing around with the cutoff and resonance. You might also want to add another partial based on 121 with slightly different settings and play them together. Then of course put them both through some fx...

Hope that helsp a little!
doctorrock

Post by doctorrock »

thanks for your suggestions guys, but what i wanted to do was use the sound of the supernatural acoustic piano rather than an electric piano. i tried the adsr offset in the liveset layer menu but couldn't get it to work at all?? it seems as if there really is nothing you can do to alter the envelope of the piano sound which is just weird -such a basic operation for any synth. ended up recording manual slow attack swells with the volume knob!