New Member Saying Hi

Forum for JUPITER-80
Crazyfoo

New Member Saying Hi

Post by Crazyfoo »

Greetings all,

Just stumbled in here and wanted to introduce myself and say hello.
I ordered my Jupiter 80 yesterday and it should arrive sometime after the week-end.

I've had a few Roland proucts over the years but not in a long time.
Sh-5 (Oh I want one of those again!)
D-50 & PG-1000 (Who didnt have one in the 80s?)
JX-8P & PG-800

My current gear:
Fully loaded Oasys 88
Kurzweil PC3x
Korg Radias
Moog Voyager Solar
Yamaha SY77
Korg M1R
Apple iPad 2 with assorted music apps

I've never tried the Jupiter 80, only watched demos on YT and they look very good.
Once I get it, is there anything I should do? Go to Roland's site and update the OS or anything like that?
Also, does it come with a sustain/damper pedal or is this something I need to purchase?

Thanks for your help everyone.
Regards
Crazy
PauloF

Re: New Member Saying Hi

Post by PauloF »

Crazyfoo wrote:Greetings all,

I ordered my Jupiter 80 yesterday and it should arrive sometime after the week-end.

JX-8P & PG-800

My current gear:
Fully loaded Oasys 88
Kurzweil PC3x
Korg Radias
Moog Voyager Solar
Yamaha SY77
Korg M1R

I've never tried the Jupiter 80, only watched demos on YT and they look very good.
Once I get it, is there anything I should do? Go to Roland's site and update the OS or anything like that?
Also, does it come with a sustain/damper pedal or is this something I need to purchase?

Regards
Crazy
Welcome to the Clan Crazyfoo,
It's seems that you lost your track with Roland and decided for the "enemy" ;-D
Just kidding... Nice gear you have !!

Regarding the JUP-80, well I don't have one myself either, but in parallel with all the demos and opinions that we could read here, I strongly advise you to try it out before you buy it, because there is nothing like WE giving it a try ourselves.
The JUP-80 doesn't include the damper pedal, but maybe you can get a "package" that includes one (or other goodies) from a local representative or store.

Take care
PauloF

P.S: I do have a D-50 emulation in my V-Synth XT !!! awesome machine
Crazyfoo

Post by Crazyfoo »

PauloF wrote:
Crazyfoo wrote:Greetings all,

JX-8P & PG-800

My current gear:
Fully loaded Oasys 88
Kurzweil PC3x
Korg Radias
Moog Voyager Solar
Yamaha SY77
Korg M1R

Regards
Crazy
Welcome to the Clan Crazyfoo,
It's seems that you lost your track with Roland and decided for the "enemy" ;-D
Just kidding... Nice gear you have !!

Regarding the JUP-80, well I don't have one myself either, but in parallel with all the demos and opinions that we could read here, I strongly advise you to try it out before you buy it, because there is nothing like WE giving it a try ourselves.
The JUP-80 doesn't include the damper pedal, but maybe you can get a "package" that includes one (or other goodies) from a local representative or store.

Take care
PauloF

P.S: I do have a D-50 emulation in my V-Synth XT !!! awesome machine
Thanks for the welcome Paulo.

I rarely get a chance to try out gear before I buy it so I rely on YT demos and reading many reviews, forums etc. It's worked out for me, cant say Ive had any major disapointments.
Well, maybe one, the DSI PEK, but I ended up selling it so no hard really, just didnt do it for me.

I just found a pedal on Ebay, so Ill pick that up, thanks again.
:~)
RayS

Post by RayS »

Welcome Crazyfoo, I believe you will really like the JP 80 as I know I have..and others here as well! You may want to get the Boss FS-5U switch pedal also..and a USB stick. Check and Make sure you have the current operating system.. which is 1.02 which is probably what you will have anyway. Setup your touchscreen to your liking when you get it..touch menu button then system.
Crazyfoo

Post by Crazyfoo »

RayS wrote:Welcome Crazyfoo, I believe you will really like the JP 80 as I know I have..and others here as well! You may want to get the Boss FS-5U switch pedal also..and a USB stick. Check and Make sure you have the current operating system.. which is 1.02 which is probably what you will have anyway. Setup your touchscreen to your liking when you get it..touch menu button then system.
Thanks Ray, I will make sure to pick up that pedal.
Does any USB stick work or is there some special one made by Roland I need?
Thanks
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Crazyfoo wrote:
RayS wrote:Welcome Crazyfoo, I believe you will really like the JP 80 as I know I have..and others here as well! You may want to get the Boss FS-5U switch pedal also..and a USB stick. Check and Make sure you have the current operating system.. which is 1.02 which is probably what you will have anyway. Setup your touchscreen to your liking when you get it..touch menu button then system.
Thanks Ray, I will make sure to pick up that pedal.
Does any USB stick work or is there some special one made by Roland I need?
Thanks
Roland guaranties their own "brand"USB sticks, but any good quality one will surely do the work :-)
Crazyfoo

Post by Crazyfoo »

Do any of you guys know where to fnd the Roland branded 2GB memory stick?
It is listed on their website as: M-UF2G but trying to find one to purchase has yeilded no results.
Using EBay and Google, I cant find a single online seller.
Thanks
mojkarma

Post by mojkarma »

Most of the usb sticks for 5$ which you can buy just around the corner of your street will work. There is no reason to buy the usb stick from Roland.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

The little freebie USB drives I pick up at trade shows work just fine.

Congrats on the new Jupiter!