JP-80 Update from NAMM

Forum for JUPITER-80
Dan Krisher

JP-80 Update from NAMM

Post by Dan Krisher »

Hi all.

There's actually a lot going on with the JP-80 after NAMM. There will be a lot of new sound data forth coming from RolandUS and for those of you who need personalized help you can go http://www.music-technology-online.com. Plus, I am interviewing a number of players at the show who use the JP-80 for their tips and tricks. I hope everyone too has updated to version 1.10. If not, then I can help many of you with that process and help you get the most from the update and understand the JP-80 and why it will serve you as your main synth for decades to come.
V-CeeOh

Re: JP-80 Update from NAMM

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hey Dan
Nice to hear from you.
Thanks for the info. I'm sure JP-80 users will be looking forward for all those new sounds.
jabberwocky

Post by jabberwocky »

V-CeeOh wrote:Hey Dan
Nice to hear from you.
Thanks for the info. I'm sure JP-80 users will be looking forward for all those new sounds.
Why ? Is there something wrong with the current soundset in this ... ?
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

jabberwocky wrote:
V-CeeOh wrote:Hey Dan
Nice to hear from you.
Why ? Is there something wrong with the current soundset in this ... ?
Who said there is? Aren't JP-80 users supposed to enjoy new sounds for their keyboard?
jabberwocky

Post by jabberwocky »

... I would think the current soundset would be well overthought and users can join creating sounds themself from scrath or changing existing ones if required.

From my point of view again some wurthless effort from Roland. But hey, just a customer here.
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Sweet !
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

jabberwocky wrote:... I would think the current soundset would be well overthought and users can join creating sounds themself from scrath or changing existing ones if required.

From my point of view again some wurthless effort from Roland. But hey, just a customer here.
I don't get you. I really don't. New available sounds from Roland will prevent you from creating your own sounds and changing the existing ones??? You're kidding, right?
jabberwocky

Post by jabberwocky »

mmm , .. not a bad mood. Just a pitty that they put effort in somethink like this :-/ .. but hey, now it's possible to exchange the sounds , whoe whoe !!!
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Wow , so the Jp-80 gets something after all , Great News can't wait .
I'm really looking forward to any new development for the Jp-80 .

I'm finding new ways to use it all the time . Supernatural is so expressive and is a real treat
to be able to add real sounding acoustic instruments
because I don't have access to a real trumpet ,sax , guitar and flute etc.. players.
So to be able to add supernatural acoustic and synth instruments to my music with all the expressiveness that it brings is a dream come true, it really is the closest you can get to the real thing !

So Dan please stay and talk to us from time to time , thank you and N-Joy-Namm .
cello

Post by cello »

Thanks for the exciting info Dan - look forward to hearing more... please keep us updated!
kokocalamar

Post by kokocalamar »

cello wrote:Thanks for the exciting info Dan - look forward to hearing more... please keep us updated!
+1!
RayS

Post by RayS »

Dan, thanks for the update.. just when I thought nothing was going to be new for the Jupiter .. Great news!! Cant wait..
Synthfreak1

Post by Synthfreak1 »

Great news!
beavis28

Post by beavis28 »

Great, thank you so much!
Just wondering how you get the information?
Did JP80 engineer say that?
BillySynth

Post by BillySynth »

Thnks for the heads up on whats happening with JP80. Good to read we will be getting more sounds.

Regards
Billy