JP-80 iPad editor

Forum for JUPITER-80
cello

JP-80 iPad editor

Post by cello »

Nice image here of the forthcoming iPad editor for the JP-80 (and some other boards too).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... e=1&ref=nf

Released in May - can't wait!
Rocness

Re: JP-80 iPad editor

Post by Rocness »

Sweeeet ! Now that's a editor !

looks nice and polished .
Will look even better on The New ipad display !
I was wondering when they would officially announce it but thats good enough for me .
Nice find cello !
RayS

Post by RayS »

Nice find Cello, another great addition..
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Roland would probably make better profits selling the whole JP-80 as an iPad app :-)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Artemiy wrote:Roland would probably make better profits selling the whole JP-80 as an iPad app :-)
Now... Camon' .... Sure?

Humm.... Maybe you're right ;-€
marctronixx

JP-80 iPad editor

Post by marctronixx »

Any of you JP 80 cats using the editor?

is it easier vs just using the front panel?

Cheers for any info.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

I have used it with my Jupiter-80 but I use the JP Editor mainly with my Jupiter-50. With the Jupiter-80 it has the touch screen though it is not that great. It is nice to see the editing parameters on the screen But compared to an iPad, IMHO, it is not that great. It is just not responsive enough and sometimes not accurate enough. Because of that, I touch what I want to move and use the data wheel to make the adjustments.

The JP-80 works great with the JP-editor once you get it connected for your session but it is limited to only the synth editor. You cannot make any other adjustments like editing effects, live sets ,or registrations.
marctronixx

Post by marctronixx »

synth,

you are the real deal around this forum so i appreciate your response. i give your posts weight since you are established and you use the jupiter.

to me it just seems like a novelty when the screen on the j80 is already there and to take time to go from tablet to synth seems a bit too much in my opinion, hence why im asking if anyone uses the editor in daily use...
Bach42t

Post by Bach42t »

It seems quite forward thinking of Roland to use the iPad in conjunction with the Jupiter. Even a few years after release. Still, no one else is doing that.
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

Well, that's not strictly true.
Yamaha had iPad editors for a range of synthesizers before the JP-80 was on the market.
For the Reface instruments Yamaha made a librarian available for iOS. which is very handy.

Also Roland hasn't updated it for years now so I don't know if it still works on iOS 9.