JP Synth Editor is here !

Post by Méka »

For Jupiter-80 & Jupiter-50

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jp-sy...or/id521977766

Thank you Roland !
Devnor

Re: JP Synth Editor is here !

Post by Devnor »

Will I need a camera connection kit to use the editor? Has the wifi adapter been released too?

Looks great I'm ready to start using it.
keyplayer14

Post by keyplayer14 »

Using the camera connection kit, absolutely seamless and on first look works brilliantly! Really good job!
kokocalamar

Post by kokocalamar »

Just installed it on my iPad and it looks and feels great!

Now, all I have to do is to get a camera connection kit tomorrow...
cello

Post by cello »

Was travelling on business when the Editor was launched and just got back today. After kissing wife and children, iTunes was my next action :)

Downloaded. Connected. Worked perfectly.

Sheer brilliance. What I loved already just got even better.
Lee123

Post by Lee123 »

I feel stupid having to ask, but is there any documentation for this? How did you folks even know that you needed the Camera Connection Kit to attach this and can't just use the cable that is used to connect the iPad to the computer? I updated my iPad to 5.1 and downloaded the app and can probably fumble thru it, but I'd like to see the documentation if there is any.
cello

Post by cello »

There is a user manual built into the app - top right, settings icon/button reveals options which includes the manual.

This shows the setup required and confirms camera connection kit required. Works like a charm by the way :)
Lee123

Post by Lee123 »

Thanks, Cello! I have lots of experience with Windows, but I'm really ignorant with Apple stuff and never thought to look there. Duh!
Stankh

Post by Stankh »

Simple pics.

bigbod

Post by bigbod »

Whilst I love the App, does anyone but me think Roland missed a great opportunity here to make this wireless by using their own new "Roland Wireless Connect" product, which supports the J80?

I'm a bit nervous that the moment I shell out for a iPad Camera Connection Kit, Roland will release an update to the App that will make the kit redundant.
cello

Post by cello »

I believe it works with both - it 'sees' which way the editor is connected to the JP-80 and uses that.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

The wireless adapter will be for sale in the states mid June.
Stankh

Post by Stankh »

Wireless mean you need an a wifi network or something. The JP-80 do not have inbuilt wifi or bluetooth if I remember. Why make it complicated ? It working nicely with a simple USB cable, come on...
bigbod

Post by bigbod »

cello wrote:I believe it works with both - it 'sees' which way the editor is connected to the JP-80 and uses that.
That'll be great if it turns out to be the case!
Stankh wrote:Wireless mean you need an a wifi network or something. The JP-80 do not have inbuilt wifi or bluetooth if I remember. Why make it complicated ? It working nicely with a simple USB cable, come on...
Come on? I'm sure if Yamaha can manage it with their series of Motif Apps then Roland could manage it as well. The JP does not have built-in wireless... that's what the Wireless Connect product is for (which supports both the JP80/50). Give us the choice :)
GuyM

Post by GuyM »

App is great as far as it goes but only allows you to tweak the current patch (i.e. READ it in from the JP and then edit and save back on JP (New patch or Overwrite)???

There is no way to select NEW tones from the documented tones list or via an app dial...which would have made it far more useful to me personally...as there is no numeric keypad for the J50 to simply type a Tone Number looked up from the sound list i...you have to scroll through multiple categories etc until you eventually find the sound you have already located in the documented sound list!

In terms of the editor you would have already have had to do this in the current UPPER to be able to READ it in and start tweaking!

If you CAN change the tones then PLEASE tell me !!!

Thanks Guy