Disable velocity ?

Forum for JUPITER-80
equinoxe67

Disable velocity ?

Post by equinoxe67 »

Hello,
Is it possible to disable the velocity only for my liveset ?

Thanks !
equinoxe67

Re: Disable velocity ?

Post by equinoxe67 »

Nobody found?
cello

Post by cello »

Yes, is possible

Go into edit of your tone, then press layer tab (bottom of screen) then on next screen press velocity - you can now edit the velocity for each tone in a liveset :)
equinoxe67

Post by equinoxe67 »

Thanks I'll try as soon I return to home ;-)
equinoxe67

Post by equinoxe67 »

Ok I have already seen this parameters but it's impossible to disable velocity.
cello

Post by cello »

Try this then

Go to Menu/System

On left select Keyboard - you have several velocity parameters to play with there.
equinoxe67

Post by equinoxe67 »

Yes but this is the general parameter, I want for few patches...
cello

Post by cello »

Ok - we're going round in circles.

We've established you didn't get what you wanted with the velocity options on the layer edit parameters.

You also don't get what you want in the more global velocity parameters.

So whilst there are parameters available, they don't give you what you want therefore the answer to your original question is no!
equinoxe67

Post by equinoxe67 »

Ok thanks !
gfan80

Post by gfan80 »

I know this topic is old, but I want to address it for future reference because it appears to be incorrect information. Being the keyboard is discontinued, it might not matter to many in some ways - but this may help those who want to try and who adore the Jupiter 80 very much like myself.

In a general sense, yes, disabling the velocity in the global menu is the best approach if you want it gone completely. However, that has an effect on all sounds no matter what patch you use and select and I fully understand that the original poster didn't want to do that.

SO YES, IT IS POSSIBLE if you want to disable velocity on certain tones WITHOUT it affecting other sounds on the keyboard that you have on different tones/layers/patches. If you try this, please make sure you back up all your patches FIRST before trying this because you never know if this might actually cause a chain reaction if you use the same tones on other patches unintentionally! Might be unlikely, but you never know so it's always better to be safe than sorry. This is how you do it and be warned, it gets a little involved -

You will need to find any one of the four tones you want to modify from the live set (so for an example - if your sound is using two tones, you will need to do this twice) and do this accordingly on each tone.

select a tone from the live set (and repeat process for all the ones you have active for the live set)...
go to effects
go to modify
go to Synth edit
go to pro edit

you will have to MODIFY each ACTIVE partial in pro to disable the sensitivity.

AMP LEVEL VELOCITY SENS - put all partials to 0
AMP LEVEL KEYFOLLOW - put all partials to 0

That's it! If you didn't backup like I recommended you to do by this point, then please make sure you SAVE this tone to a new slot and not the current one that's used for this patch. Repeat the process for the live set patch as well (in a new slot) and save it again to the main screen.

Hope that helps.