My first Registration to share...

Forum for JUPITER-80
mattsuomi

My first Registration to share...

Post by mattsuomi »

My first registration to share is for playing the the intro/seq/lead of Save A Prayer by Duran Duran. I don't think I can upload a registration to this forum, so if you would like it, please PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.

Listen to a short sample here: http://soundcloud.com/mattsuomi/jp80-duran-sap

I put the seq sound to be played manually with the left hand and the lead to be played w/ the right. I believe the original uses the joystick to pitch bend the lead sound up a major 4th. I didn't have an extra hand free, so I used the mono feature to mimic the effect. I left all of the panning and effects (with the exception of the delay) straight up the middle so you can pan/route the sound to your liking. I routed the modulation for the very end of the song to the d-beam just for the fun of it. It's not perfect, but it's close.

Also... I haven't noticed anyone sharing anything on here..?? Maybe this is frowned upon... I don't know. I know the joy of this board comes from programming it yourself, but I know I learn a lot from deconstructing existing sounds to see how they were designed. Maybe some other people do as well.

Again, if you like the sounds, please PM me and I'll be glad to forward them to you. Also, I am more than open to critique, suggestions, eye-rolls, accusations of producing dairy, and whatever else come what may. So if you have any of those, please feel free.
SoundworldA.D.

Re: My first Registration to share...

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Cool Matt! Made we want to go and pull out "Rio" for a spin!

"Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand,
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land,
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh Rio Rio dance across the Rio Grande".

Call me schmaltzy but I sure miss those MTV days when we got to see video after video like this one along with great music. The MTV of today? I don't know what its game is, but I sure don't think it should still be classified as "Music Television!" ;-(
Macker62

Re: My first Registration to share...

Post by Macker62 »

Hi Matt thanks for sharing your first Registration, it sounds very close to the original, well done. I hope to be sharing sometime soon, I'll see how I get on. Thanks Andy