Jupiter 80 with vst's (audio interface)

Forum for JUPITER-80
hstudio

Jupiter 80 with vst's (audio interface)

Post by hstudio »

Dear friends,
I wonder if the Jupiter-80 functions as audio interface to use VSTS and Daw's. I had a Fantom G7 and he possessed the user function with very low latency.
Someone already used the jupiter with Sonar Le? is its perfect integration?
To post your opinions please, it is very important to me because I'm with the money in hand to buy my jupiter. Hugs
RayD

Re: Jupiter 80 with vst's (audio interface)

Post by RayD »

Sadly, my experience was quite bad. The Jupiter played audio over the USB port just fine, but the Jupiter itself was messed up pretty bad. It was most noticeable with brass patches. Do some quick stabs and the attacks were all over the place. But it wasn't just those patches.

This had nothing to do with VSTs in particular, just playing back an audio file with media player had the same effect. And it remained messed up even after the audio stopped. Only way out was a reboot. I posted on this topic a few months back and no one responded. So I assume that others probably aren't doing this.

I have not had a chance to try this with version 2. If you have better luck, I'd like to hear about it.

-ray
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

RayD wrote:Sadly, my experience was quite bad. The Jupiter played audio over the USB port just fine, but the Jupiter itself was messed up pretty bad. It was most noticeable with brass patches. Do some quick stabs and the attacks were all over the place. But it wasn't just those patches.

This had nothing to do with VSTs in particular, just playing back an audio file with media player had the same effect. And it remained messed up even after the audio stopped. Only way out was a reboot. I posted on this topic a few months back and no one responded. So I assume that others probably aren't doing this.

I have not had a chance to try this with version 2. If you have better luck, I'd like to hear about it.

-ray
Actually it is the 1st claim on this issue (at least to my knowledge), and I think that the majority of JP-80 users do not use it as the USB Audio Interface, as they should be using multichannel Audio interfaces, but that up to other JP users to clarify on this subject, as I don't own one...
moogi

Post by moogi »

Sonar LE was indeed a great disappointment, may be the problems were caused by wrong settings (the biggest problem sits in front of the Computer, you know). I had problems with the Jupiter driver because of latency, installed asio4all, which solved the problems with the latency, but the sound was incredibly bad. I upgraded to Cubase 7 then (I used cubase sx3 before) and - wow - everything was fine now. No problems with the driver and the sounds. The records are "what you hear". The best thing: I don't need an external soundcard for my laptop.