Forum for JUPITER-80
Synthtron

Re: JP80 - hugely disappointed with it.

Post by Synthtron »

SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Hi SoundworldA.D.,
Even on eBay, the JP80 is too expensive for me. Here in my country (Brazy) there are lot of import taxes and duties, you will pay 3 times it costs in USA. It is a real steal…
My bad CS1! And here I thought you were referring to a JD-990 since we were discussing it as well. I understand how governments hurt their populace by well meaning but ill-advised taxes, tariffs and subsidies of all kinds. I do sincerely hope that you will be able to get an 80 for a good price soon. I wish everybody could have at least one!

And yet...
Funny you mention the dual JP idea. There's one for sale locally and could be had for a very decent price. I'm tempted.
Stone the bleedin' crows Dev! Don't tempt me too!

Nah, I'm so busy with work lately I have not even had time to turn on the Soundworld rig. Have got to play my guitars a lot though. Thinking of doing a cover of The Beatles Taxman...

If you drive a car (I'll tax the street)
If you try to sit (I'll tax your seat)
If you get too cold (I'll tax the heat)
If you take a walk ((I'll tax your feet!)

P.S. Hmmm...that Tschury post sure looks a lot like an old Dany post!
knolan

Post by knolan »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:
Please stop flaunting your 4 990s! Some of us have to make do with 2! (And an 800)
And, for the record, it is 4 JD990's all loaded with SR-JV80-04 expansions...Vintage Synth's for days! Besides, that JD-800 looks much more menacing than a couple of black boxes! :-D
And I am hugely disappointed that I cannot have one :(
Oh these are choice! Good one's the both of you, and exactly why this serious sounding thread had and has the ability to soothe frayed nerves and counter conniption fits with tongue-in-cheek humor and the sometimes bizarre. I got my needed chuckle for the day.

I hope you are able to get at least one on e-bay Cesar! I saw quite a few a while back for reasonable prices.

All of this 990 talk has got me buzzed...I am going to have to go have a listen to Eric Persing's "The City Weeps"!!

Yeah - 4 JD990's is madness. I've only got 2.

- ok - I admit it - and 7 JD800's also :-)