Repository of Sound launched for Roland keyboards

Forum for JUPITER-80
cello

Repository of Sound launched for Roland keyboards

Post by cello »

Just FYI, should you need the JP-80 OS v1 sounds, they can be freely downloaded from www.jp-80.com/download.html.

It is called Repository of Sound and also has links for V-Synth sounds.

My aim is to get 'handy' soundsets for Roland keyboards so that these great sounds can still be available. Should demand exist, I would be happy to extend the menu items to include (say) sounds for the Integra and Fantom for example.

If you have any suggestions about the above I'd be pleased to hear them!
SoundworldA.D.

Re: Repository of Sound launched for Roland keyboards

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

It looks great cello! Coming soon..."PadscapesA.D.", 10 delicious 2-oscillator, movement-laden and evolving Pads and SFX Pads developed on the V-Synth XT. After that, the GTv2 4-oscillator versions of the same, including the SoundworldA.D. version of the "Sparkler" based on the mysterious and elusive "Sparkler Pad!"
Dany

Post by Dany »

@Cello: Image

-
synthguy99

Post by synthguy99 »

How come no one will give me any-?!

Oh yeah... don't have a Jupiter, Integra or V-Synth. Just a smoldy ol' Kronos. Bummer. ;P

But kidding aside, I'm hoping to get something by Avril so I can join in the festivities, squeegee all the info from these boards I can, and come up with some of my own.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

cello wrote:Just FYI, should you need the JP-80 OS v1 sounds, they can be freely downloaded from http://www.jp-80.com/download.html.

It is called Repository of Sound and also has links for V-Synth sounds.

My aim is to get 'handy' soundsets for Roland keyboards so that these great sounds can still be available. Should demand exist, I would be happy to extend the menu items to include (say) sounds for the Integra and Fantom for example.

If you have any suggestions about the above I'd be pleased to hear them!
Good stuff Cello !!! ;-)
RayS

Post by RayS »

Good work Cello!! Moderators should make this ..or the link .. a sticky post!! Every newbie just buying a Jupiter will find this very useful.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

RayS wrote:Good work Cello!! Moderators should make this ..or the link .. a sticky post!! Every newbie just buying a Jupiter will find this very useful.
+1, and let's try to be on topic on this one, shall we? ;-)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:It looks great cello! Coming soon..."PadscapesA.D.", 10 delicious 2-oscillator, movement-laden and evolving Pads and SFX Pads developed on the V-Synth XT. After that, the GTv2 4-oscillator versions of the same, including the SoundworldA.D. version of the "Sparkler" based on the mysterious and elusive "Sparkler Pad!"
Wow SW, stunning pad scape sounds !!
keep them coming
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

RayS wrote:Moderators should make this ..or the link .. a sticky post!!
Your wish is our command <*waves wand*> :)
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

PauloF wrote:Wow SW, stunning pad scape sounds !!
keep them coming
Thanks Paulo. I think you can tell from these that the Stereo Pitch Shifter is my favourite MFX! That along with those dual COSM's and mixing the analog and PCM's waves with all of the fading capabilities for the LFO's are just so much fun! I could edit away on the V's every day. But then, I would get no tunes done!

Funny that 9 of the patches were made in search of the "Sparkler." I just kept editing away and coming up with different sounding pads and EFX, but once I hit the Sparkler&pAD I knew it!
Méka

Post by Méka »

Thanks Cello for the link and downloads .
But today, a strange "off line" warning is set on the Jupiter-80 V 1.0 soundset !
What is the issue ?
cello

Post by cello »

Méka wrote:Thanks Cello for the link and downloads .
But today, a strange "off line" warning is set on the Jupiter-80 V 1.0 soundset !
What is the issue ?
The issue is that the uploaded files are v2! At the moment I'm stuck because the files that were v1 sounds seem to have changed to v2... don't understand. So am going to be working on this and hopefully sort the problem and then re-upload.
cello

Post by cello »

SORTED!!! :)

With grateful to thanks Mike from Poland, the JP-80 v1 sounds are now back online. Please ensure a) you make a backup of your current sound before starting the procedure and b) then rename your existing ROLAND folder on your USB stick to ROLAND - old (or something that makes sense to you!).

You can then take the downloaded ROLAND folder, put it on your USB stick and use the Menu/Restore function to load up the v1 sounds.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by my error.

Enjoy the sounds :))
cello

Post by cello »

Thanks to a suggestion from Stephane on Facebook, www.jp-80.com now has the list of PCMs as well as the v1/v2 comparison spreadsheets I created for download.
Dany

Post by Dany »

cello wrote:Thanks to a suggestion from Stephane on Facebook, http://www.jp-80.com now has the list of PCMs as well as the v1/v2 comparison spreadsheets I created for download.
Thanks a lot for this PCM wave list! It's extremely helpful to have a full overview of all PCM waves during sound programming!
-