Integra Rack Hooked-Up to a JP 80; has anyone tried this??

Forum for JUPITER-80
GPalmer

Integra Rack Hooked-Up to a JP 80; has anyone tried this??

Post by GPalmer »

Hey fellow JP 80 friends:

I figure if you can’t beat them, join them. Roland is not going to release an editor/librarian for the JP 80, and I don’t want to putz around with these USB sticks anymore, changing out sounds, and trying to manage Synth Legends with Version 2. So I figure I might as well join-em, and get an Integra to midi-up to my Jupiter 80.

That way I’ll have all of the Synth Legends sounds with all of the other stuff the Integra offers and no more USB “Registration Swapping” hassle. And potentially this could create a sonic powerhouse midi –married up to the JP80.

But before I go dropping $2000 on an Integra to match with the JP80, I would like to know if any other JP80 users/forum members have combined these two work horses, and how do these two get along? Can you set the Integra up to change sounds when you change Registrations on the Jupiter? Has anyone tried arranging a user bank on the Integra that corresponds to their Jupiter sound sets in using the Synth Legends with the JP80? Has anyone played a live gig with this set-up, and how user friendly would this rack work in playing live gigs? How does the JP work as a controler for the Integra?

Any information/experience on the JP80/Integra combo that a fellow forum member has to offer, that would be much appreciated.
Thank You
GPalmer
WallyG

Re: Integra Rack Hooked-Up to a JP 80; has anyone tried this

Post by WallyG »

GPalmer wrote:Hey fellow JP 80 friends:

I figure if you can’t beat them, join them. Roland is not going to release an editor/librarian for the JP 80, and I don’t want to putz around with these USB sticks anymore, changing out sounds, and trying to manage Synth Legends with Version 2. So I figure I might as well join-em, and get an Integra to midi-up to my Jupiter 80.

That way I’ll have all of the Synth Legends sounds with all of the other stuff the Integra offers and no more USB “Registration Swapping” hassle. And potentially this could create a sonic powerhouse midi –married up to the JP80.

But before I go dropping $2000 on an Integra to match with the JP80, I would like to know if any other JP80 users/forum members have combined these two work horses, and how do these two get along? Can you set the Integra up to change sounds when you change Registrations on the Jupiter? Has anyone tried arranging a user bank on the Integra that corresponds to their Jupiter sound sets in using the Synth Legends with the JP80? Has anyone played a live gig with this set-up, and how user friendly would this rack work in playing live gigs? How does the JP work as a controler for the Integra?

Any information/experience on the JP80/Integra combo that a fellow forum member has to offer, that would be much appreciated.
Thank You
GPalmer
I do have a JP80 and the Integra 7 and other hardware synths in my home studio. This might not help you since you want to use this combo live. I use my equipment with Sonar X3 DAW to build up backing tracks.

Since we're taking MIDI, the JP80 works quite well with the I7 and Sonar takes care of all the registration changes.

Wally G
GPalmer

Re: Integra Rack Hooked-Up to a JP 80; has anyone tried this

Post by GPalmer »

Wally G
I appreciate your taking the time to reply. Obviously, not a lot of people have tried this combination. Using it with your DAW makes a lot of sense, but in terms of live playing, can you set the JP80 up to control the program patches on the Integra’s User Bank by changing the JP’s registrations?

When I play live, I change registrations sometimes 4 or 5 times on one tune. If I can have the JP control the I7 patch changes through the JP’s Registration buttons, then I’m going to buy the I7.

And how does the I7 sound when stacked up with the JP80?

Thank you for any other advice you can give on this-
GP