JP-80 supernatural sounds and vibrato

Forum for JUPITER-80
Synthtron

JP-80 supernatural sounds and vibrato

Post by Synthtron »

I am curious anyone find the vibrato on the supernatural violin/ string sounds a bit monotonous. I like the sound but I wish I could adjust the vibrato. In some instances I may want the vibrato to come in bit later or go away after It is applied. Anyone know know what I mean and know of a work around? I do not think there is one though.
cello

Re: JP-80 supernatural sounds and vibrato

Post by cello »

You can adjust vibrato for SN Acoustic tones at liveset level (it's where it all happens!)...

Take a blank reg and liveset. Now dial into a layer the SN violin. Now press the liveset edit button (in registration view).

Now press on the layer tab.

On the left press vibrato. You can now adjust vibrato rate, depth and delay - for each layer no less; so you could have two SN violins on two layers with different vibrato settings.

Excellent stuff :)
Synthtron

Re: JP-80 supernatural sounds and vibrato

Post by Synthtron »

Hey, I see whar you are taking abut maybe I can route the vibrato to come in with a foot pedal. You can get a bit synthy with the settings in the layer tab. You know what is funny most sounds like violin I have in the solo section and synth stuff in the upper and lower parts of my registrations. I did not really think of placing the violin into the upper/part.
Thanks!