Any new upgrade for JP-80?

Forum for JUPITER-80
afr

Any new upgrade for JP-80?

Post by afr »

Is just a simple question,no complain :)

I've a JP-80 and I'm very happy, he is now part of my ideal set Up made by kronos, nordwave e mophoX4

I just wonder if roland want to make some new software upgrade to increase the feature of this synth expanding for instance the multitimbral capacity of the machine
Devnor

Re: Any new upgrade for JP-80?

Post by Devnor »

No chance of extending the multitimbral functionality of the Jupiter. I believe it's highly unlikely there will be further updates to the Jupiter.
afr

Post by afr »

Thank you very much for your reply

I'm pretty glad to see that the topic received good number of visits, sign that the matter is interesting for several people
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

I heard by a pretty good source that Namm 2014 should be good to the JP-80 .
No guaranty but it's nice to dream .
tomoe97

Post by tomoe97 »

Fingers crossed that this rumor has some truth to it!
scottrod

Post by scottrod »

Would be interesting to know how many units went out the door.

That would tell a large part of the support tale.
jobo

Post by jobo »

I tried to help on the units. I bought two.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

Oh boy oh boy, got my fingers and toes crossed and looked over and saw my dog's paws are crossed for Namm 2014 and the JP80.
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

I doubt there will be a major upgrade for the jp80 budgets for any flagship that sells only a certain amount is planned over a three year period.

Now the Integra workstation will be out, as will the Jupiter 10 which is the Jupiter 50 without the supernatural accoustic sounds and marketed more as a synth, with a few more synth parameters which also the version update will add these to the Jp50 and 80, one of the rumored additions is the Tb303 filter
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

skinmechanic wrote:I doubt there will be a major upgrade for the jp80 budgets for any flagship that sells only a certain amount is planned over a three year period.

Now the Integra workstation will be out, as will the Jupiter 10 which is the Jupiter 50 without the supernatural accoustic sounds and marketed more as a synth, with a few more synth parameters which also the version update will add these to the Jp50 and 80, one of the rumored additions is the Tb303 filter
What are you talking about ?

What I heard about the JP-80 came from a really reliable source , granted nothings guaranteed and could be nothing more than wishful thinking but it did come from a good source .

But where are your prediction coming from , besides your self ?
What is your source because it sounds all made up but I could be wrong so let us know .
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Rocness wrote:
skinmechanic wrote:I doubt there will be a major upgrade for the jp80 budgets for any flagship that sells only a certain amount is planned over a three year period.

What are you talking about ?

What I heard about the JP-80 came from a really reliable source , granted nothings guaranteed and could be nothing more than wishful thinking but it did come from a good source .

But where are your prediction coming from , besides your self ?
What is your source because it sounds all made up but I could be wrong so let us know .

Ah Ah... this is getting warm !! ;-)
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Ok your right,
what I should have said was ,are these your own predictions or something you have info about ?
afr

Post by afr »

Also my dealer told me about a new workastation which will replace the fantom
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

How do you know this?
Should we file this under bullshit or do you have some sort of insider knowledge?

If these predictions are just your own, they are......... well, questionable.
If you have inside knowledge.....please enlighten us some more you must work inside Roland.
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

Roland rep about the new jupiter based on the supernatural synth only.

The integra 10 workstation or dubbed as such came from a few roland employees, I can't claim them to be true but common sense tells you the most positive thing to come from the jp80 is the sn synth section hence the v2 upgrade which emphasised Thad side of the engine, the workstation is more so since they have sold their stake in CAKEWALK which was the reason they stopped doing workstations also the new CEO of Roland is one of the original board members from the early 80s come back into the fold and changed the business strategy of what roland should be doing over the next 10 years