Need Advice

Forum for JUPITER-80
singhor

Need Advice

Post by singhor »

Hi, I need to add another pro-keyboard to my set. I just sold GW8 & PSR950 also on sale. Then I will have only my new Jupiter 80. What I do:- I play one man band with keyboard styles & few MIDI & backing tracks. For that I used my GW8 & PSR950. Also I play in full band, for that I use GW8 & Jupiter 80. I really miss GW8 as it has readymade very expressive sounds & unique styles. Reason for sell GW8 I'm stuck with what I have. GW8 lacks on expandability.It can add only 100 more styles. PSR 950 is a good board but still needs creative styles like in GW8. And I'm hoping to start composing songs using my Ableton standard version. So I don't expect to work on new songs on a workstation keyboard.

So what I need is very good keyboard with more styles, more realistic acoustic voices (no synth voices anymore required as I have Jupiter 80). Both voices & styles should be expandable. Voices should be more expressive to use on live shows (not for home use). Style creation is a must tool. Sampling would be optional. Additionaly there are many more features available unique to each manufacturer like KORG, ROLAND, KURZWEIL & YAMAHA, So I have a desire to explore them too.

Can anyone help me to decide what can be the best board for me?

is it, YAMAHA XF6, FANTOM X6, KURZWEIL PC3, KORG PA3X OR KORG KRONOS ????

is Motif XF6, FAntom X6 & KRONOS having styles in it?
cello

Re: Need Advice

Post by cello »

The only one that fits what you describe is the PA3X. The Fantom and the Kronos does not have styles.

Have you though about Roland's BK-9? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8J_-NBq4wM
singhor

Post by singhor »

Hi, Cello Thanks to your reply. I guess the same PA3X is the only option. as per the specification on the web BK-9 doesn't have user styles; lacks on expandability.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

singhor wrote:Hi, Cello Thanks to your reply. I guess the same PA3X is the only option. as per the specification on the web BK-9 doesn't have user styles; lacks on expandability.
I agree that the PAX3 could be "the one", but at that price level, please also consider a Tyros 5 (or even a Tyros 4)