BCR 2000 controller with Jupiter-80

Forum for JUPITER-80
Synthtron

BCR 2000 controller with Jupiter-80

Post by Synthtron »

Has anyone tried the BCR2000 Midi controller by Behringer with the Jupiter-80? I am thining of getting one but thought I'd ask. I find that usually I have to buy and try things myself because know one knows. I know others here have the same issue. I have the iPad editor but am just curious how well the JP-80 plays with this controller if at all.
Macska

Re: BCR 2000 controller with Jupiter-80

Post by Macska »

I think it could work very well. If I am reading correctly it is capable of sending Sysex, which is what you would need for many of the JP controls.
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

Yes, the BCR/BCF 2000 is indeed capable of sending sysex but you will need to use the BC Manager software (free) available here: http://mountainutilities.eu/bcmanager

The BC-Edit software from Behringer will NOT allow you to send sysex.

Much more info is also available in the BC2000 yahoo group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bc2000/info

LA Keys
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

Thanks for the info! I ordered one and will try it out...
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Synthtron wrote:Thanks for the info! I ordered one and will try it out...
Let us know your results with the BCR2000
;-)
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

Well, I received the BCR 2000 and Out of the box I was disappointed with it. Upon inspection I found one of the encoder knobs on the bottom was alot harder to turn and was not at all smooth like the other ones and also one of the program buttons was defective where it would not press and bounce back like the others. With that said I am still waiting on Sweetwater to e-mail me the return shipment information. I did hook it up to the jupiter-80 and tested if it would learn any parameters sending sysex data but it did not. The other poster I believe is probably correct about having to download additional software to be able to program the Behringer to respond to the Jupiter-80 and vice versa.
With all this said I am still not a fan a Behringer. I thought I would give it a go but out of the box with what I consider defects this unit has to go.
I really wish Roland provided an extensive editor and more so, a librarian. Oh well, play one.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Synthtron wrote:Well, I received the BCR 2000 and Out of the box I was disappointed with it. Upon inspection I found one of the encoder knobs on the bottom was alot harder to turn and was not at all smooth like the other ones and also one of the program buttons was defective where it would not press and bounce back like the others. With that said I am still waiting on Sweetwater to e-mail me the return shipment information. I did hook it up to the jupiter-80 and tested if it would learn any parameters sending sysex data but it did not. The other poster I believe is probably correct about having to download additional software to be able to program the Behringer to respond to the Jupiter-80 and vice versa.
With all this said I am still not a fan a Behringer. I thought I would give it a go but out of the box with what I consider defects this unit has to go.
I really wish Roland provided an extensive editor and more so, a librarian. Oh well, play one.
I'm not a Behringer fan too, as I had many problems within their mixers (I had two), and decided not to buy the brand any more (at least mixers). That's why I was interested to know your opinion taking into consideration that this is not a mixer... :-)