xylo and glock

Forum for JUPITER-80
craig1975

xylo and glock

Post by craig1975 »

Hi

Can anyone help - I cant find glock or xylo on my JP80....

Does anyone know either (a) where these instrument tones are, or (b) where I can down load them from.

Thanks
cello

Re: xylo and glock

Post by cello »

a) Those sounds are not on the JP-80

b) There's are no such sounds available for download

sorry!
Macska

Post by Macska »

You can get several "Xylo" waves in the Supernatural Synth section and mess around with them and other waveforms on the 3 oscillators to get a good xylophone sound. I don't think there is a glock wave but I bet you could create something in the SN synth.

Otherwise, the Marimba in the high register isn't all too different from a xylophone if you play around with the parameters to get the sound you want.

Good luck!
Macska

Post by Macska »

I wanted to post an update that I've made some pretty useful Xylo sounds since my last post.

Here's a basic guide-
186 Xylo Wave 2
LPF 1 - Cutoff All the way up, resonance all the way down, Envelope depth 0
Amp - no attack, decay or release, with sustain all the way up.

If you treat it like you are synthesizing a drum with the short attacks and decays, you get a good Xylo.

Additionally you can make some really neat sounds by layering this as the "attack" sound while other oscillators handle the other parts of the note's life.

On that note you can get glock sounds by turning the Xylo wave resonance up and making a higher pitched bell on another oscillator that has a longer attack and decay. You get that short chirping attack and then the ring that comes in a second later- fairly realistic emulation and it's fun to play with