Any mellotron sound patches out there?

Forum for JUPITER-80
flyingace

Any mellotron sound patches out there?

Post by flyingace »

I really need a 'tron flute sound to play "strawberry fields"!! Can the Jupiter do it?
Dewdman42

Re: Any mellotron sound patches out there?

Post by Dewdman42 »

not likely, a mellotron recreation requires very unique samples
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

yeah, I have been trying to create something to get the job done using a supernatural flute and trying to find some scratchy old record/tape sounds in the PCM samples. I could have sworn I had heard a registration in one of the collections that had that Massive Attack "teardrop" sound to it. Or maybe that was the Korg Krome I used to own? ugh.

I love my Jupiter's (just sold the 50, love the 80) and wish they could do it all but I guess that's the thing about keyboards – there isn't one that does it all is there? That's why people own many many many to get all the sounds they crave!
troggg

Post by troggg »

Sorry this thread is two months old but if you're still looking I'm getting a lot of use out of UVI Workstation Mello. You don't want to hear this, but it was a free promo like six months ago. It most definitely has the Strawberry Fields sound and the I Am The Walrus sound -- I used them both in the same song. You need an iLok, though. Don't know what it costs now. Only that it's the real deal.