[Error] Note hangs in Single Part Play with part 1527

Forum for JUPITER-80
Nisei

[Error] Note hangs in Single Part Play with part 1527

Post by Nisei »

I've been able to recreate an error multiple times now.
When setting the JP-80 to Single Part Play and choosing 1527 (88 Fingers) it sometimes hangs during playing. 1 note continues to sound and the keyboard stops responding to further input. I can select a different part but it doesn't sound anymore. I can go back to Registry mode and choose a sound which then sounds but the hanging piano tone continues.
I've been playing with this part for half an hour sometimes without anything happening but yesterday I managed to recreate the error 4 times! This was with midi cables detached and the only thing connected was a headphone and the Roland DP-6 pedal. I did a factory reset (firmware 2.10) without loading a backup afterwards but still the same error. The only way to return to normal operation is by switching the JP-80 off and on again.
This is the only sound that triggers the error (so far) so I'd really like to find some people here who are willing to spend some time with it and see if they're getting the same error.
Nisei

Re: [Error] Note hangs in Single Part Play with part 1527

Post by Nisei »

Right, 45 views in 2 weeks time and no responses. This forum is almost dead :(
cello

Post by cello »

I guess it's just a busy time of year for some people!

Anyway, when I tried it out a few minutes ago, the JP-80 did not hold on to notes and the keyboard did not freeze using the 88 fingers sound. It's a big sound so will certainly eat up the polyphony but I'd expect voice stealing to happen, not what you describe.
Nisei

Post by Nisei »

Thanks for responding cello.
I'm beginning to think it may have to do with the fact that I'm using the damper paddle a lot with this sound. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the JP otherwise.