Jupiter 50 -> 80, is it worth it, and possible?

Forum for JUPITER-80
AndersBerlin

Jupiter 50 -> 80, is it worth it, and possible?

Post by AndersBerlin »

Hi, bought a Jupiter 50 in december because I couldn't find a Jupiter-80.

Now there a used Jupiter 80 up for sale for pretty much what I paid for the Jupiter-50.

My most essential questions is: Is it possible to transfer my sounds. I guess I have something like 30 registrations with 30 live sets and some synth sounds as well. They are spread across the preset list and I need to recall all these in the Jupiter-80 if I buy it. Is it possible in an easy way?

Also, is it worth it? Sometimes I feel I could need the extra 4-part layer (live set) and aftertouch, as well as touch screen. But I'm not sure about the weight though....
Nisei

Re: Jupiter 50 -> 80, is it worth it, and possible?

Post by Nisei »

Yes, you can save the Live Sets, Tones and Performances to USB and load them into the JP-80.
I bought a JP-80 for the aftertouch and touchscreen. But like you already mention, it's quite heavy. Not a problem in my case (studio use) but I wouldn't want to carry it around too much.
TJ80

Re: Jupiter 50 -> 80, is it worth it, and possible?

Post by TJ80 »

Despite it being heavier, I would recommend getting the Jupiter 80. As well as the 2nd live set, which makes it more versatile when using splits, you get double the polyphony and IMHO an instrument that is built like a tank.