refills on roland axial.

Forum for JUPITER-80
ewan24

refills on roland axial.

Post by ewan24 »

hi all im new to the site. i have just purchased a jp80, and have tried to download the jp80 refills on to my usb flash drive, i put it in to my jp80 and the files were empty. i formatted the usb before i did this, please can someone tell me an easy way to do this it would be appreciated.
LA Keys

Re: refills on roland axial.

Post by LA Keys »

- Unzip
- Move the entire ROLAND folder to the flash drive. You should then have 2 subfolders: BACKUP and SOUND.
- Read the readme file that is in the root directory (above the Roland folder)
- Also read the Jupiter manual page 79 and 80, for detail about the procedure.

LA
ewan24

Post by ewan24 »

Thanks for the info, LA KEYS, much appreciated i will give it a try. do i have to back up the jp80's sounds on to usb before i do this and reinstall them?
cello

Post by cello »

You don't have to back up to USB as part of the process. But if you have your own sounds onboard, I would say it is best practice to always back up if you're about to import new sounds.

That way you know you can always go back to the way things were before the import.
ewan24

Post by ewan24 »

Thanks chello, for some reason my pc won't unzip the file it won't recognize it, sorry for being a pain in the a..., but I would love these sounds on my board.
cello

Post by cello »

Download winzip - you can get a free version here -> http://www.winzip.com/win/en/downautohome.html?dwn=home

You can now unzip the axial file you downloaded. Once it's unzipped, you will have a ROLAND folder with BACKUP and SOUND folders in it. In the SOUND folder there will be a xxx.SVD file. Copy that into the SOUND folder on your USB drive (again it's in the ROLAND folder).

Now take the USB stick to your JP-80 and press the MENU button. Go to page two and you will see an IMPORT button on the screen. Press it and select the xxx.SVD file you transferred. Now allocate the sounds to free slots (you need to allocate registrations, livesets and tones) and then complete.

You will now have the sounds imported and ready to use :)

PS remember to make a backup first!
ewan24

Post by ewan24 »

Thanks for your time and the link, chello appreciate your time, it worked brilliantly.