Help Please?

Forum for JUPITER-80
Vlad_77

Help Please?

Post by Vlad_77 »

Hi all,

I need to create a Therimin sound on the 80 for Whole Lotta Love. I've been using the solo synth function (D-Beam) on the Fantom X8 but I'm tired of lugging the silver beast around.

I've tried to recreate the sound on a Radias and Kronos but I suspect there is an easier way on the 80. I wish Roland had kept the solo synth function on the 80. Anyhow, if anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks loads folks!!
Devnor

Re: Help Please?

Post by Devnor »

You probably already know this but you can only bend a note 2 octaves. The often mocked and so called useless D-beam can duplicate the pitch bend lever. If you need more, you might consider 2 hands on the keyboard and a fast portamento to achieve the glide. Another thought might be to trigger an octave glide (or more) with your hand then using the D-beam to take it the rest of the way.

I have been experimenting with a Linnstrument and I'm puzzled why everything is limited to a 2 octave pitch bend.
Vlad_77

Re: Help Please?

Post by Vlad_77 »

Thanks Devnor,

I'll give your ideas a try; you've certainly come up with more elegant solutions than I. :)