JP-80 hanging notes , help

Forum for JUPITER-80
Rocness

JP-80 hanging notes , help

Post by Rocness »

Hi, I have a hardware sequencer midi to my JP-80 and I'm sequencing 4 channels simultaneously.
Ch1 = full drum track
Ch 2 = bass
Ch 3 = chords
Ch 4 = leads

It's great but I keep getting hanging notes on ch 3 when I play chords and notes will hang until I cut off the tones for that sound or switch the remote keyboard on and off or just shut down the board altogether .

Any idea why this is happening and a solution to the problem ?
LA Keys

Re: JP-80 hanging notes , help

Post by LA Keys »

If you do a search with "hanging notes" you will see that although nothing is coming up for the jupiter 80 there's some discussions about this for the Integra-7. It appear that 100% of the time it is caused by the sequencer itself or the midi stream having some wrond data.

Can't help beyond that as you did not mention which sequencer you're using.

LA
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

LA Keys wrote:If you do a search with "hanging notes" you will see that although nothing is coming up for the jupiter 80 there's some discussions about this for the Integra-7. It appear that 100% of the time it is caused by the sequencer itself or the midi stream having some wrond data.

Can't help beyond that as you did not mention which sequencer you're using.

LA
Thanks yes I'm using a Cirklon and your right I believe it's the sequencer not giving note off messages , do to overlapping chord progressions that I play . Took me a while to come to this idea . Pretty sure that's it . Still testing .
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

The same thing happens in Logic. Its not the JP it can happen with any external midi instrument. I'm jealous you have a Cirk.
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Devnor wrote:The same thing happens in Logic. Its not the JP it can happen with any external midi instrument. I'm jealous you have a Cirk.
Thanks Devnor , I haven't been here in a while nice to see some old time members .
Yea I was trying to figure out who has the problem the JP , Cirklon , or Oasys , I have them all
midi up together .

Yea I just got the Cirklon after a long wait and I must tell you , I have been feeling a little down on
my JP-80 because Roland didn't support it properly for a $3500 synth in my opion .
I never seen a synth in such a desperate need of a Librian that it's sicknig amounts other things but at the same time the Cirklon really makes me see how frekin great the JP-80 is .

For instant I can have a whole frekin drum track sequenced and done on 1 ch (perc) , then bass , chords and lead . That's basically a whole track done with one synth and no computer (sweet) that sounds great . And omg the drums on the JP-80 are Awesome if you can externally sequence them , the key is to midi map them out 1st and Cirklon makes it easy to do but I guess pretty much any sequencer can do that .
Another really cool and underestimated feature is the USB record on the JP-80 it,s just so convent and simple to use I almost forgot about it .

The JP-80 has become my favorite synth in the world right now (that and the motif XF) , I just am struggling to
make those cold techno pad cords but I know The JP can do it .
Nisei

Post by Nisei »

LA Keys wrote:If you do a search with "hanging notes" you will see that although nothing is coming up for the jupiter 80...
I posted a topic about hanging notes.