Shall I sell fantom G to get JP80

Forum for JUPITER-80
timbo3000

Shall I sell fantom G to get JP80

Post by timbo3000 »

Shall I sell my Fantom G to get a JP80?? I currently own a Fantom G7. However, I only really use it as a keyboard controller as I have all the sounds I need within my Fantom XV, JD990, D50 and many instruments in Kontakt, I don't even use the sequencer as I use sonar X1. I'm not really into dance music etc, more vangelis, JMJ, Oldfield etc, so would I benefit from the JP80 in my setup. What do you think??
Macska

Re: Shall I sell fantom G to get JP80

Post by Macska »

If you have all the sounds you need in those other synths and use the G for control often, keep the G7. There is no better controller in the world than a Fantom G. It's even great for controlling Sonar!

If you just plain want a Jupiter 80- then maybe? I had a Fantom G8 and I sold it and got a Jupiter 50,which I sold and got an A-88. The thing for me though is I already owned the VS 700 which is a Fantom and excellent control surface and I have an integra 7 as well. Pretty stable in my setup now.

If you don't use the fantom for any heavier control than the keys on a one channel at a time then I say totally go for it. That supernatural synth is pretty fun, and I think the keyboard is more pleasant to look at. The nice thing about the Fantom (and only feature I really miss) is that you can change midi channels with the pads.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Once you start using the sounds inside the Jupiter it will have more use than a simple midi controller.
timbo3000

Post by timbo3000 »

Thanks for your views. looking at the wave forms from the JP80 it's got many synth ones I know. I really don't need many pianos, organs, guitars etc. I may be leading towards the JP80 as the sound potential looks far greater and more my style.
trommis

Post by trommis »

I sold my Jupiter 80, and bought a Fantom G-7! The Fantom is mouch easyer to set up. (I also have the Korg OASYS-88, and three more synth's).
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

timbo3000 wrote:Shall I sell my Fantom G to get a JP80?? I currently own a Fantom G7. However, I only really use it as a keyboard controller as I have all the sounds I need within my Fantom XV, JD990, D50 and many instruments in Kontakt, I don't even use the sequencer as I use sonar X1. I'm not really into dance music etc, more vangelis, JMJ, Oldfield etc, so would I benefit from the JP80 in my setup. What do you think??
Did you get a Jupiter-80?