Soon to purchase a new Jupiter 80

Forum for JUPITER-80
Synthtron

Re: Soon to purchase a new Jupiter 80

Post by Synthtron »

kimsnarf wrote:I am sure there will be new Jupiters, as it is Roland's flagship brand. But I am also quite sure that the new models will not be upgrades or replacements, but something new and supplemental. Unlike Yamaha and Korg, Roland (at least lately) are really good at coming up with products that add value to existing purchases rather than making them obsolete. Buying a Motif or a Kronos is a guarantee that in a year or two it is outdated due to a newer, incremental model. The Jupiter-80 is a unique product. A true synth.
I guess we will see if Roloand will go to Jupiter again. Remember there were a few decades (almost 30 years!) that went by with NO new Jupiters. The Jupiter-80/50 could be the last Jupiters for a long while or Roland could surprise us. I hope the Next Jupiter is truer to its lineage with massive hands on the panel controls. I also would prefer that Roland go back to 61 keys if there ever is another Jupiter. &6 too long 49 too short 61 just right. I laughed when I saw people complaining the Jupiter-80 did not have 88 weighted piano style keys. Really? I say get a stage piano!