Piano Release – Help please

Forum for JUPITER-80
CovOne

Piano Release – Help please

Post by CovOne »

Hello, I’m new to the forum and am realising that I have a lot to read & learn.

Last week I got a Jupiter 80 and absolutely love the sounds. One thing I cannot figure out is how to adjust any of the Supernatural Piano release/sustain times without a pedal.

For example I’m in the Live set Layer Screen ---> Offset where I have 4 different SN acoustic instruments listed (one of which is Grand Piano 2), I can adjust the release rates of each of the instruments and they will continue to sound long after the key is released. All except the piano whose sound doesn’t change at all for any release rate from -64 to +63.

Am I looking in the wrong place? I baffled why there would be a setting that would just affect the piano sounds and none of the others.

Any help/comments would be appreciated.
Devnor

Re: Piano Release – Help please

Post by Devnor »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Jupiter. The SN piano does not have an ADSR envelope. Thus you can't offset the release. Have you tried using a PCM sound instead?
CovOne

Post by CovOne »

Hi Devnor, Thanks for the reply. It’s good to have a definitive answer. I will delve in to the PCM sounds and see what I can come up with. Thanks again.
Macker62

Post by Macker62 »

Hi CovOne, I can't help you with query but I'd like to welcome you to the Clan and I'm sure you'll find all the help you'll need here, some of the members know the JP80 inside out (unlike me). Good luck, Andy.