Review and workshop

Forum for JUPITER-80
Macker62

Review and workshop

Post by Macker62 »

Hi, I just wanted to give a mention to a web page I stumbled upon. It gave a superb review and tips on the Jupiter 80 and a little 'workshop' style video to cap it all at the end. I wrote to the guy, Peter Mahr to ask if he would be producing any more videos etc for this great machine:-

I am very glad to read that you liked the review and - even more - that the workshop was of help. The latter is not of very high technical quality but I think it is a good example of how easy it is to get a typical Roland pad out of the Jupiter-80. But I will not produce further workshops as I do not own the Jupiter-80 anymore. I had to sell some of my equipment a while ago and the Jupiter was one of the devices. The Jupiter-80 in my opinion deserves a lot more attention.
One last thing Andrew - the more comments and feedback I receive as comments to my reviews the easier it is for me to get instruments to review. So if you or anyone from the Roland Clan would like to comment he/she is more than welcome!
Thank you.

Best regards,
Peter

http://www.petermmahr.com
https://soundcloud.com/petermmahr

Go see for yourselves, I found the review very positive and informative, unlike many of the mainstream ones.
Thanks for all your support guys, long live the Jupiter 80!
Tom_1970

Re: Review and workshop

Post by Tom_1970 »

Thanks!
Macker62

Post by Macker62 »

http://www.petermmahr.com/roland-jupiter-80-review/

There's the English link to the Jupiter review (a few pages are in German if you are fluent)
Macker62

Post by Macker62 »

No problem Tom, every little helps!
marctronixx

Post by marctronixx »

thank you for posting this! this for sure will fill in some gaps that i have had questions to..

As I am beginning to read it, so far i applaud the author for speaking more or less in a relaxed mode and not so technical. thus far its easy o n my eyes and brain.. :)

if anyone here lives in LA who owns a j80, i would be honored to meet you and catch up on how you feel about the synth....
Macker62

Post by Macker62 »

No problem, jeez I wish I was in LA, I guess the weather would be far better than here in Ireland! I've just realised this review and reviewer have already been mentioned:- viewtopic.php?t=41248

I think the review was on a different site though.

I agree the review was nice and easy to understand and opened a few doors for me.
peter@greatsynth

Post by peter@greatsynth »

I am glad if the review was of help and the audio demos gave a good impression of what the Jupiter-80 can do.

All the best,
Peter
Méka

Post by Méka »

Peter,

Your very nice Jupiter-80 review is not available today on your website ... I got an error message when i want access to this review. Can you fix this issue ? This is not a real issue for me because I own Jupiter-80 but for people looking for accurate impressions it do !

Thank you !