Newbie Question about Envelope ADSR

Forum for JUPITER-80
MusicalBuddha

Newbie Question about Envelope ADSR

Post by MusicalBuddha »

Hi,

I am new to both the forum and my shiny beautiful new Jupiter 80.

My problem is that I cannot find the Envelope ADSR. I can find plenty of ADSR parameters inside the machine but none that do what I want. I have read the manual twice. I am looking for the basic old raise the Sustain you get more Sustain. Or lower the Sustain and you get less Sustain. Same for the other 3 parameters.

Thanks in advance.
cello

Re: Newbie Question about Envelope ADSR

Post by cello »

Welcome to the Clan :)

Go to Tone Modify screen (press EDIT on a liveset layer)

Press SYNTH EDIT (top right of screen)

On next screen you see on bottom right the AMP ADSR - that's what you want to adjust. Bear in mind there are three partials so if you change the ADSR it will only be for the currently active partial. So best to switch off the other partials so that you hear only the partial you're working on; then adjust, and you should hear the differences.

Then turn on each partial individually and adjust.

Also remember to switch off any other liveset that's active - you only want to hear the sound you are working on!

You can also edit Attack, Sustain and Release (ie not decay) globally for all sounds within a liveset. Press EDIT button on liveset layer (in registration view). Go to LAYER tab, and tap on OFFSET on the left. This will take you to a screen where you can globally adjust those parameters. Again remember to switch off any other sounds outwith that liveset so you can hear the differences.

Hope this helps :)
MusicalBuddha

Re: Newbie Question about Envelope ADSR

Post by MusicalBuddha »

Hi Cello,

Thank you very much. this was exactly what I was looking for. :)