Need your feedback on the JP-80

Forum for JUPITER-80
cloudswimmer

Re: Need your feedback on the JP-80

Post by cloudswimmer »

Méka wrote:Positive : Build quality / Physical Modeling Sound Generators (SuperNatural) / Massive Layering Approach

Negative : Lack of AfterTouch Destinations / Lack of External Registration Librarian

Keep : Touch Screen / FX sections / Behavior Modeling

I hope the Jupiter-80 version 3.0 !
Lack of aftertouch destinations, does that mean not being able to use aftertouch with external synth modules or VST's? Both my D70 and JD-800 have aftertouch, but I never use it, you just have to press too hard on the keys to make it do anything and I always felt like I was gonna break or weaken the keys doing that. I havent even attempted trying aftertouch on my new Jupiter 80 yet, is there a setting where you can adjust how hard you have to press a key to make aftertouch work?
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

Positive: The sound engines and the sound it can produce.

Negative: The tone, registration, live set architecture. Just can't seem to get used to the fact that when tweaking the final sound, you could be changing the underlying building blocks and these will have to be saved separately with new names. Powerful, but also complex.

Keep: Build quality and the looks. Really like the whole layout and design of this keyboard.
cello

Post by cello »

Thanks for all your inputs everyone! Great comments all round. I'm now pulling everything together and so no longer require more data.