Jp80 and ipad.

Forum for JUPITER-80
SoundReverend

Re: Jp80 and ipad.

Post by SoundReverend »

Wow this is awesome, thanks, Cello...

If I figure out how to install this I will post it here...
cello

Post by cello »

The Editor .IPA is available for download in the JP-80 section of www.jp-80.com :)

Good luck with install - hope it works!
SoundReverend

Post by SoundReverend »

Update: So far I was unsuccessful. I took an old iPad 1 with IOS 5.1.1, the last udpate for that device, and performed a j**lbreak, so far no problem, now your supposed to use appsync, which I installed as well. I was able to install the JP Editor on the iPad but it will not start (just a short flashing screen and that's it).

So, not sure if I continue because it is such a waste of time searching the internet for a solution. If anyone has a hint, go ahead, let me know :-)
Mahobe

Post by Mahobe »

I am in my forties. I had Different Rolands: JX8P, D50, JV80, XP50, XP60. Then I committed the mistake to by a JP50. It was a mistake because I bought a high potential keyboard but with zero hands on controls. It was a mistake because of the lack of librarian. It was a mistake because it was not aupported anymore just q few months after release. And now this!!! No more editor available!!!?? NO MORE EDITOR AVAILABLE??? WTF ROLAND? ARE YOU SERIOUS???? NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER WILL BUY ANYTHING FROM YOU AGAIN.
SoundReverend

Post by SoundReverend »

Mahobe wrote:I am in my forties. I had Different Rolands: JX8P, D50, JV80, XP50, XP60. Then I committed the mistake to by a JP50. It was a mistake because I bought a high potential keyboard but with zero hands on controls. It was a mistake because of the lack of librarian. It was a mistake because it was not aupported anymore just q few months after release. And now this!!! No more editor available!!!??
I don't know much about how to program the JP50 and how far that is possible on the device itself. On the one hand you are right, Roland should really support their products longer, the JP's were sold until last year or even in 2018! On the other hand after looking at some videos like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPxftoHksOo

the iPad Editor for the JPs doesn't really do much anyway. OK, more for the JP50 than for the JP80. I also own the Integra and I use that iPad Editor for selecting sounds, not for editing, cause I find the APP with the tiny "buttons" awkward to use. JP80 iPad App does not come with a Librarian and never did and it was never announced to come with a librarian so I cannot complain.

My goal was - and I still will look into this - to at least find out if the App would work better for editing than the touch display on the 80 and if that would make it more fun for me to program that beast.

I also own a lot of Roland gear, D550 (had the D50) JP8000 and some MKS. I never really bothered about updates because there were no or little software updates (wow, just checked there was a 1.05 update for the JP8000 ) with new features and stuff. What you buy is what you get ;) So maybe we are kinda spoiled nowadays...
apex

Post by apex »

Yeah well I have a jp50 with a dodgy cutoff knob.... (One of the most important parameters)... So this app would be CLUTCH for me. I need this to work.
LouisB

Post by LouisB »

I managed to transfer the Synth Editor file to my old iPad from the JP-80 website, alas Apple won’t authorise it, so no joy, unless there is a workaround?
Mysteryman3

Post by Mysteryman3 »

Hello does anybody still have this Roland jupiter80 editor.ipa ipad file still and can anybody reupload??? The link is dead.
Mysteryman3

Post by Mysteryman3 »

Somebody helped me out with the link so that is great and awesome.