another roundabout over arpeggios

Forum for JUPITER-80
Xfeten

another roundabout over arpeggios

Post by Xfeten »

Hi, friends:

When we activate an arpeggio it runs over the four tones of the liveset arpeggiated. Do you know if there is a way to arpeggiate only one of the thones or some of them but not everyone?

Thx for your answers.
kimsnarf

Re: another roundabout over arpeggios

Post by kimsnarf »

I don’t think you can control the arpeggiator on the tone level, only on the live set level. However, you can set up different key ranges for the tones. So you could get some tones to only play/arpeggiate within a certain range.
Xfeten

Post by Xfeten »

Thanks, Kimsnarf. Can you explain it a little bit more? I cannot see how to limit arpeggios in a certain range of the keyboard.
kimsnarf

Post by kimsnarf »

You can set up the range of a tone (e.g. C2 to C3) within a live set. When the arpeggiator runs it should not trigger that tone unless you play the arpeggio within that range. It is not the same as you want, but the best I can think of within a live set. Otherwise you can put the tones you do not want to be arpeggiated into the solo/perc slots or the other live set. Even if two live sets overlap in range, you can limit the tone ranges so that a live set can have e.g. both bass and lead tones within separate ranges.