Hold pedal issue

Forum for JUPITER-80
JCO

Hold pedal issue

Post by JCO »

Hi all
I've had my JP80 for a few years now and have always had a strange intermittent issue that results in a noise from the JP80 when releasing the hold pedal while holding a chord. its difficult to describe but it's like the notes are being triggered with a very short gate time. Releasing the chord and pedal a few times usually corrects the problem.
I have a mate who also has a JP80 and it's the same on his.
Has anyone else experienced this.
Both JP80 are running the latest OS
Devnor

Re: Hold pedal issue

Post by Devnor »

Does your Jupiter do this when its not connected to anything? This is the first I've heard of it. I've had my Jupiter since release so 6-7 years? Has it really been that long?
JCO

Post by JCO »

Hi
Ive always got midi connected but I’ve never tried stand alone. I’ll give that a try. I suppose it could be some strange midi loop but I only have midi out of the JP80 so I can’t see that being the culprit.
It’s really weird as the other JP80 which is one of the early ones does the same thing.
JCO

Post by JCO »

It’s defiantly not an external issue. I’ve just used the JP80 with nothing but ahold pedal connected and I still occasionally get this strange sound when using the hold pedal.
Spark

Post by Spark »

JCO wrote:Hi all
I've had my JP80 for a few years now and have always had a strange intermittent issue that results in a noise from the JP80 when releasing the hold pedal while holding a chord. its difficult to describe but it's like the notes are being triggered with a very short gate time. Releasing the chord and pedal a few times usually corrects the problem.
I have a mate who also has a JP80 and it's the same on his.
Has anyone else experienced this.
Both JP80 are running the latest OS
It's interesting for me too.
Becouse sometime I listen short push noise when releasing the hold pedal.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Sometimes the SN EP makes this strange noise on pedal release. What sounds are you hearing this?
Spark

Post by Spark »

I listen short push noise too.
Have you found a solution to this problem?