VA Synth - PCM partials. List?

Forum for JUPITER-80
ScottRS101

VA Synth - PCM partials. List?

Post by ScottRS101 »

I was messing with the VA section on the Integra and decided to set one of the tones to pcm. That opens up access to the pcm partials for the VA. These waves are labeled with titles like "Jup Saw 1", "MG Saw", "P5 Saw".

This should be identical to the pcm waves available on the Jupiter 80 and I assume 50.

That's some very cool material to use in the VA section and while not "modeled" sounds like the base waves the pcm selection opens up new territory for sounds especially running these through the excellent modeled filters of the VA section.

I looked through the manuals and found no mention of these VA pcm waves anywhere. I also looked through the Jupiter 80 manuals and found nothing.

There are 450 of these VA pcm waves. I'd like to know what they are and find a list of them if possible.

Are these single-cycle wavetable-like entries or multi-cycle samples?

Does anybody know?

Roland threw this cool feature in with hardly a mention. :-(

Was this another feature they decided to avoid talking about like the Moog and Sequential modeled filters?
ScottRS101

Re: VA Synth - PCM partials. List?

Post by ScottRS101 »

I did see a few of the pcm waves mentioned by name in the Jupiter brochure but I'd really like the whole list.

http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/ ... ochure.pdf
ScottRS101

Post by ScottRS101 »

It looks like some of the pcm waves may be derived from the SR-JV80-04 “Vintage Synth" card.
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

This has been discussed before ;)

PCM waveform list
ScottRS101

Post by ScottRS101 »

Thanks again John.

Sorry, new Integra owner trying to dig in to the guts of the machine. :-)