The Magic of the Jupiter 80!

Forum for JUPITER-80
Johnnyfingers01

The Magic of the Jupiter 80!

Post by Johnnyfingers01 »

Okay so I'm very late to the party that is the Jupiter 80, But ! what a party it is.
I bought my Jupiter 80 in 2016, right before they Discontinued it. Got a great deal on it and then came the learning curve! At first I was at a loss trying to program it and figure this large beast out !
But with time it became easier to handle and understand just how this machine worked. Fast forward 3 years I finally have a grasp how to program this amazing machine ! The sounds are huge. I guess I just wanted to share my experience and to say don't give up on it ! Even though Roland did. It certainly has it's limits, but if you put the time into it, Oh does it shine !
Devnor

Re: The Magic of the Jupiter 80!

Post by Devnor »

Congrats! Welcome to the party!
kimsnarf

Post by kimsnarf »

It is a fabulous and inspiring layering and performance synth. 80 is the true number of the Beast. So few are aware of that. The Beast is a master of disguise, hiding under an innocent, spartanic exterior. If only they knew...
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

kimsnarf wrote:It is a fabulous and inspiring layering and performance synth. 80 is the true number of the Beast. So few are aware of that. The Beast is a master of disguise, hiding under an innocent, spartanic exterior. If only they knew...
Then the control ladened Jupiter-X comes out..."Hold my beer!"

-joke btw.
0kk0p3kk4

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

Indeed its More than meets the eye!
Its a thick sounding beast.

Haha, after years I just acknowledged the search function and also that category listing can be also navigated with physical buttons (besides touchscreen).