Roland XP Patches/Sound Modules

Roland gear made before year 2000
keyboard101

Roland XP Patches/Sound Modules

Post by keyboard101 »

Hello all,
I've been using a roland xp 50 keyboard for the past few years and recently decided to "upgrade" to a Juno Di. Unfortunately, I couldn't be more disappointed with the patches/voices on this keyboard. I find most of them almost unlistenable. I love the patches from the xp, especially the ones that come via the expansion boards. My question is: Is there a module I can purchase that has the voices from the xp series keyboards? I'm particularly interested in the patches from the "Voices" expansion card.
SoundworldA.D.

Re: Roland XP Patches/Sound Modules

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

My question is: Is there a module I can purchase that has the voices from the xp series keyboards? I'm particularly interested in the patches from the "Voices" expansion card.
Yes indeed there are. The JV-1080, JV-2080 and the XV-3080 and XV-5080 modules all have the same basic "engine" as the XV-50.

I would go for the XV-5080 however simply because of its 128 voice polyphony and stereo wave feature as well as the additional JD-990 waves and ability to load both SR-JV (4) and SRX (4) expansion boards. You can also import new sounds via the SCSI port with a CD-ROM drive.

I see them all on e-bay for not too much coin.

BR,
.:':.DH.:':.