Roland A-50 midi controller

Roland gear made before year 2000
markholley

Roland A-50 midi controller

Post by markholley »

Hi... just picked up a Roland A-50 controller... love the feel and just wanted to expand my capabilities... I have a JUNO G and a JUNO Di as well as a Yamaha S-30 hat is my current rig... I want to retire the S-30 and replace with the A-50.... The board sends midi info and i can select the independant midi outs... i.e. i can send a midi to each of the juno's and turn them on or off from the a50... what i cant seem to do is this.....
I want to be able to access splits that are defined on one of the junos and play them on the A-50 giving me a wider keybed range but cant seem to set the A-50 to access both sides of a split... it only gives me one or the other sound of the split across the entire key range.....

Any suggestions?
My name is Mark ... in Oklahoma
Thank you in advance.
tpick

Re: Roland A-50 midi controller

Post by tpick »

Hi Mark: I'm no genius at this but something to try might be making sure your Zones set up on the A 50 aren't set for one channel across the entire keyboard and or the midi channels on your Junos aren't omni or some other wierdness - did I mention I'm not a genius:-). And forgive me if I've stated the obvious to you, not assuming you don't just working through the problem in my own head. I don't know the Juno, can you set different midi channels to each split? If so you can set Zone A to one midi channel and Zone B to another.
I was using Sibelius, a notation program and couldn't figure out why I was getting multiple notes in my scores until I realized all four Zones were turned on and transmitting.
Hope this helps, Mark. I'm very glad to find this site as I was feeling a bit orphaned with this vintage controller..