OOPS, make the previous post HP330

Roland gear made before year 2000
searchinferru

OOPS, make the previous post HP330

Post by searchinferru »

Didn't see a forum which listed SD series pianos, so hope this is the correct forum.

I recently purchased a SD330 piano and have a couple of problems. Perhaps someone can help?

Only the middle pedal works, the 'soft' and damper pedals do nothing. I know that two of the pedals can be reassigned different duties, but these are suppose to revert to factory settings following shutting down the piano.

The most likely cause is probably the pedal assembly itself. But I have no idea if a particular pedal is normally open or closed in the up position. So, not sure exactly what to check for on each pedal. Indeed, it would be easier to check them at the pin connector to the upper case, but would have to know what terminal is what.

Also, Bfltat4 key will respond with volume differences, but at significantly lighter pressures than the remaining keys. Don't have a clue as to how these keys function, so don't know if there is an adjustment or a replacement of the key or sensor needed.

I don't suppose there's an online manual for this instrument?

Would enjoy speaking with other owners of this instrument. I don't see a personal message option on here, but I can be reached using my username at the YMCA minus the last three letters. For those older folks....like me, at the sight that sounds like a yodel....Bill