XP-10 won't power up

Roland gear made before year 2000
barnburner

XP-10 won't power up

Post by barnburner »

Hey all!

So I have an old XP-10 that won;t power up. Totally dead. Using an OEM Roland power supply, and nada. Anyone have this happen, and any ideas as to a fix?

Thanks!
Valentine10

Re: XP-10 won't power up

Post by Valentine10 »

If the XP-10 has an external powersupply check it with a multimeter to see if that still works. Also check the polarity. Roland switches + and - compared to the rest of the world :-) The plug you put in your XP-10 should probable have the + on the outside and - on the inner pin. Check the symbol on the back of your XP-10 near where the plug goes in. It looks something like this: +Co- (the o is inside the C) indicating the the outside is + and the inside is -. Make sure your power supply matches this. Otherwise you can break a diode in the powerboard of the XP-10. Not likely but possible.
barnburner

Post by barnburner »

Wow, thanks for the knowledge... The power supply I'm using is an OEM Roland with all the right specs re: voltage and amperage, so I'm pretty confident it's not the supply.

Must be a bad internal element...
Valentine10

Post by Valentine10 »

Well, test it to be sure :-)

If the powersupply is ok, you'll have to open up to XP-10 to test is any juice is going to the mainboard.