Data Card Battery Low

Roland gear made before year 2000
Nig

Data Card Battery Low

Post by Nig »

Just purchased a nice example JV-1080 which came with a Roland data card that the JV reports has a low battery. I can't see any obvious way of locating the battery so wondered if it were possible to change it. The card is PN-JV80-07 Rich Sound Collection 4 and I haven't been able to find much info on it anywhere, especially with regards changing the battery and there's no obvious slot on it, such as on the M-256 cards.

Anyone know if the battery is replacable in these cards please?
Valentine10

Re: Data Card Battery Low

Post by Valentine10 »

As far as I know the PN-JV80-xx cards are ROM cards and have no battery like the M128 / M256 / M512 cards.

You probably already knew where to find the battery on one of those..

Isn't the battery of the JV-1080 itself low? :-)
Nig

Re: Data Card Battery Low

Post by Nig »

Valentine10 wrote:As far as I know the PN-JV80-xx cards are ROM cards and have no battery like the M128 / M256 / M512 cards.

You probably already knew where to find the battery on one of those..
Yep, had found that info thanks, and I think you're correct that they're ROMs so don't have a battery.
Valentine10 wrote:Isn't the battery of the JV-1080 itself low? :-)
Don't think so, the JV reports it's OK and besides, if I power on without the card plugged in, I get no messages so it's definitely the card causing it, tho' whether it is the card or just the JV mis-detecting it, I've no idea. I found an obscure reference to a similar issue with a Yamaha synth and someone mentioned that it's possible that the card in that case may be damaged in some way so the Synth detects it incorrectly, but this one works fine otherwise. No real way to test it really, except in another JV, I suppose. I'll just ignore if for now, it's not showing any other issues so it can't be all bad;-)

Thanx for your reply:-)