Notes stuck. All notes sustain on power up (A-90)

Roland gear made before year 2000
Jcat

Notes stuck. All notes sustain on power up (A-90)

Post by Jcat »

Hello, this morning I opened up my A-90 to replace a hammer. After putting it back together I have the following problem. Upon powering up, all notes sustain as if the hold pedal were on (no pedal connected). If I hit the Panic button, the notes release and everything functions normally. Also if I change patches, all notes release and everything is fine. So this isn't a fatal problem, but it's annoying because otherwise I've maintained my A-90 in mint condition. Can anyone suggest how to fix this?

Here is what I've tried.
1. Factory reset (press "Chain" while powering up, hit enter). This works until I power off and back on again, at which time the stuck sustain problem comes back.

2. Connect a hold pedal upon powering up. No change. The pedal works in reverse (sustains when off, releases when on) until I hit Panic or change patches. Then everything works fine.

3. Connect a hold pedal upon powering up and press pedal while powering up (since some keyboards sense polarity on power up). No change, same as above.

4. Cleaned Hold pedal jack. No change.

5. Opened it up again, gave it some bursts of air to clear dust, especially around the pedal jacks. Unplugged the 2 ribbon cables leading the the keybed and plugged them back in, carefully reseating them tightly. Same with the pitch bender 3-pin connector. These were the only 3 connections I had unplugged to access the hammers. No change.

All other functions & sounds are fine. Just the annoying sustain-stuck-on-power-up issue.
texviler

Re: Notes stuck. All notes sustain on power up (A-90)

Post by texviler »

Dont know are you gonna reply but exactl the same thing happend to me today. How did you resolve this please 😫😫
texviler

Re: Notes stuck. All notes sustain on power up (A-90)

Post by texviler »

Anybody?