ROLAND RD-300-S DIGITAL PIANO MIDI ISSUES

Roland gear made before year 2000
Simon Daisy

ROLAND RD-300-S DIGITAL PIANO MIDI ISSUES

Post by Simon Daisy »

Surprised there's not a single thread yet on this once-ubiquitous warhorse!

Got mine 2nd Hand, to use as a midi controller keyboard, as it also has 88 weighted piano keys. It broadcasts MIDI on two channels, L and U (see photo). I write sheet music, but for every note I click I get a duplicate (i.e. I can't stop it entering 2 identical notes, for every one I intend).

I found by experimenting that I could switch off one of the channels by pressing the button on the left of the photo in combination with either of the two lit buttons marked 'L and 'U' and then one would switch off. But now whatever I do, both channels seem to be permanently 'on'. Have I forgotten the right button combination? Has a switch stopped working? Can anyone advise on how to get one of these channels to switch off?

Looking for a DIY solution as the age of the keyboard (and my wallet) prohibits an expensive professional repair.

Any advice gratefully received, Simon
Attachments
MIDI OUT CHANNELS.jpeg
MIDI OUT CHANNELS.jpeg (273.18 KiB) Viewed 3960 times
Simon Daisy

Re: ROLAND RD-300-S DIGITAL PIANO MIDI ISSUES

Post by Simon Daisy »

Problem Solved: I managed to download a manual for it. I noticed that there was a "remote pedal option". Turns out when I had a workspace reorganisation yesterday, I had accidentally plugged my foot pedal into the remote jack slot on the back of the keyboard, and this was overriding the keys on the keyboard panel, so this was why suddenly I couldn't turn them off. Cheers!