A way to add later SRX boards to the XVEditor? YES! (XV-5080)

Roland gear made before year 2000
djrtnyc

A way to add later SRX boards to the XVEditor? YES! (XV-5080)

Post by djrtnyc »

I'm sure this has already been done but it's been a few years since I dabbled in the SRX expansion world so forgive me if this feels like old news.

I recently added the SRX-98 analog to my XV-5080. I've always use the original Roland XVEditor (because it works) and while I knew they stopped updating the XVEditor years ago, I bought the board understanding there is no way to use the XVE with the SRX/SR-JV-80 additions (special editions) that came after.... or is there?

For years I've used Cubase patchscripts for the XV-5080 so I figured let me take a look in the XVEditor script and see if It's familiar or can be updated.
Nope!
Added lines, researched the LSB,MSB etc... everything I tried didn't work so I said screw it I got the card, I'm good and left it.

Woke up refreshed and while having my Bustelo I looked at the script again, caught some things I missed, made a few more discoveries on the language used and still didn't work... Arrgghhh!! But I said let me just fine tooth it and if nothing pops I'm out. Rechecked the lines of script and saw I missed one /closing line and BOOM!! the SRX-98 showed up!!

Yaaay! While it's just a few users would even gas and a lost cause on the interwb, for me This is a part of my main gear.
The XV-5080 has been at my side since it came out and I have no plans of moving on from it.
Au contraire.

XVeditor Exp Patch (2).png
XVeditor Exp Patch (2).png (980.06 KiB) Viewed 3529 times
XVeditor EXP list (2).png
XVeditor EXP list (2).png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 3529 times
djrtnyc

Re: A way to add later SRX boards to the XPEditor? YES! (XV-5080)

Post by djrtnyc »

Here's the original configuration where the expansions are not present in the expansion setup or the patchlist:
XVeditor Patch (2).png
XVeditor Patch (2).png (907.97 KiB) Viewed 3522 times
XVeditor (2).png
XVeditor (2).png (1.75 MiB) Viewed 3522 times