JD800 Expansion Drum Cards-NO DRUM PATCHES?

Roland gear made before year 2000
beanz

JD800 Expansion Drum Cards-NO DRUM PATCHES?

Post by beanz »

Hi all
I hope everyone is well
I had a JD800 back in the 90's & just picked one up in mint condition also with a full set of Expansion cards
Now I never had the drum cards in the past and loading them up now I find both Standard Drums, Rock Drums, Drums & Percussion Dance contain no drums at all ??
I must be missing something, any way to access the drums? I hit special Set up but that just has all the normal drum sounds that the JD800 has anyway
On the enclosed document it lists all sorts of great sounding drums but alas I am at a loss how to load them
Many thanks in nadvance
Beanz
devonrose

Re: JD800 Expansion Drum Cards-NO DRUM PATCHES?

Post by devonrose »

beanz wrote: 11:50, 24 April 2023 Now I never had the drum cards in the past and loading them up now I find both Standard Drums, Rock Drums, Drums & Percussion Dance contain no drums at all ??
I must be missing something, any way to access the drums? I hit special Set up but that just has all the normal drum sounds that the JD800 has anyway
On the enclosed document it lists all sorts of great sounding drums but alas I am at a loss how to load them
Many thanks in nadvance
Beanz
I'm assuming you have these ones loaded up then?
  • SL-JD80-01 Drums & Percussion - STANDARD
  • SL-JD80-03 Rock Drums
  • SL-JD80-02 Drums & Percussion - DANCE
When you're attempting to play the drums in their special patch; have you already switched it into multimode, or was it left in singlemode?