α-Juno, still worth buying?

Forum for JUNO, JUPITER and JX synthesizers from 1980's
Georges

α-Juno, still worth buying?

Post by Georges »

I have the opportunity to buy an α-Juno 1.

So, I'm wondering if it's still worth considering buying one today, and if it would really add something different to my current gear. I own several digital synths, including a V-Synth XT (which can make good hoovers, the 'What The?' preset is not the reason why I would byt an α-Juno ;-) and other VAs, and a real analogue synth as well (a Vermona Mono Lancet).

The Junos are also getting old, so I'm also wondering: do they show reliability issues ? Can they still be repaired or serviced?

Thanks for your advice.
JunoJohn

Re: α-Juno, still worth buying?

Post by JunoJohn »

The αJuno-1 is one of the most reliable of the vintage analogs.

My first synth was a Synth Plus 10 (same thing) and in 26 years I have had only one trivial issue with it.

Would it add something different to your setup? Well, it has a unique chorus, a filter with its own personality, and the ability to create interesting (yet analog) waveforms.
flyingace

Re: α-Juno, still worth buying?

Post by flyingace »

I hope it's still worth owning, I just bought one last night! Last time I played one was in 1987 when a highschool buddy of mine worked at a keyboard store. An Alpha Juno 1 and an MT-32 along with a sequencer was the bomb!

I picked mine up for $122 in near mint condition with music stand and power cord. Manuals are found online still too!

Good luck! I can't wait to get mine!