JunoJohn

Re: Just picked up this baby - Juno 6

Post by JunoJohn »

You're welcome, Paul!

Here is a patch sheet for the Juno-60 that I downloaded from somewhere:
Juno-60 Patch Sheet.pdf
(10.82 KiB) Downloaded 686 times
Have fun with it ;-)

The Juno-106 has a different architecture.
monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks »

Cheers JJ,

That's brilliant.

What does Recktech and Sagezahn mean please ??

Do none of the Patches on the list use the Arpeggiator ??

Ta,

Paul
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

Oops! I forgot I downloaded that from a German language site.

Rechteck = Pulse

Sägezahn = Sawtooth

They just refer to the buttons in the center of the DCO section.

I don't know about the arpeggiator.

John
monsterjazzlicks

Oh, so they were German !! ha ha

I dare say the application of the Arpeggiator is 'optional' on each Patch. In other words, down to the creativity and preference of the end user.
monsterjazzlicks

Hi,

My Juno 6 just arrived and I have unboxed and quickly tested it.

A couple of questions please for anyone who might be able to help :-

Does anyone find the inbuilt CHORUS FX quite noisy ?? ie. It is 'hissy' when you activate it ??

And, you can find cassette or Wav files providing the original factory sounds for loading into a Juno 60 and 106. Bearing in mind the Juno 6 has no memory, would it be possible to load a sound ONE AT A TIME and be able to play it ?? Though it might be tricky stopping the cassette player after just a few seconds and in the exact correct spot.

Ta,

Paul
magikroom

Post by magikroom »

Forgot to add. I got hold of a MIDI kit for the my Juno 6 which was easy to install, though drilling a hole in the back was a slightly tense moment. Now rocks and syncs up great. I picked up a Electro Harmonix 8 Step sequencer and is great for messing with changing the filter, which of course the Juno has a VCF In. You can get some great sequences going. Here's a video of me using it with a Microbrute, but does much the same with the Juno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQYmFxsbaPU

Also, a video tour of my studio, with a little demo at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVm8rTSlvYs
monsterjazzlicks

That's great Magik !!

Very good demo matey.

Would it be possible to use the Electoharmonix with the Juno (and for you to post a video please) ?? That would be really excellent if you can find the time !!

Cheers,

Paul
magikroom

Post by magikroom »

Yeah Paul, will put one together at the weekend.

I did do a video on how to sync up the arp of the Juno 6 to an iPad...this was before I MIDI'd it up. If you have an iPad, you can sync it to your DAW and use the Juno, instead of using a clock/pulse from a drum machine etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTZ_k6f62dY
monsterjazzlicks

Nice one Magik,

Regarding the Juno MIDI, did you use the KENTON KIT ??

You have tons of gear mate !! I wish I lived closer as I would have loved to have learned from you regarding the more technical side of recording and home studio etc.

Cheers,

Paul
magikroom

Post by magikroom »

monsterjazzlicks wrote:Nice one Magik,

Regarding the Juno MIDI, did you use the KENTON KIT ??

You have tons of gear mate !! I wish I lived closer as I would have loved to have learned from you regarding the more technical side of recording and home studio etc.

Cheers,

Paul
No, I used a CHD kit which only gives MIDI in, but that's fine for me and was about £100. 2 wires to cut and solder in with the new board and couple of cables...hard part was the drilling, but works great. Can sync to MIDI clock etc for the Arp. Yeah, have got loads of gear, too much really, but I don't drink, have other vices and no kids! Am selling my Volca Keys and Virus Ti Polar, after a Prophet 08, so I can sell one of my Tetra's. I spent a lot in the early day, but was gigging as well as working full-time, so had the funds for it.

Once you have a collection you end up trading/selling on so you don't lose out too much or make something on top. Just have little room for it all and while I have another, larger room I can use, it's right next to the neighbours, so would have to soundproof...not into that.
monsterjazzlicks

Well I am moving flats into somewhere with a extra bedroom. At the moment all my gear and Cubase is set up in my lounge which is a total nightmare (and I just end up never getting anything done).

I don't drink either or anything like that (anymore !!) and spent a lot of money funding myself thru college in Leeds and London. But I studied Jazz, Composition and Conducting NONE of which are any use whatsoever for Music Tech !! I struggle greatly with the computer-side and I have only owned a PC since 2009 (when I was age 41) !!

I will have a look on eBay for the CHD kit as I never heard of that before. So that way would I be able to Sync it to a drum machine ?? I think you might be using it to Sync to Logic yourself ??

What's a TETRA please ??