JX3P old preset D13

Forum for JUNO, JUPITER and JX synthesizers from 1980's
jx3please

JX3P old preset D13

Post by jx3please »

This is a massive long shot, but I used to own a JX3P (long time ago) and still get misty eyed over it lol
I programmed a really good sound on it, saved to preset D13, wrote a song with the sound and called the song D13. As you do. Song attached so you can hear the sound - please forgive the dodgy guitar playing - I hadn't been playing long!

I am about to get a Nord Stage 2 Ex and will try and program a replica D13 sound into the synth section on it. But, I thought I would see if anyone out there happens to have my old JX3P and D13 is still there, and they would be kind enough to write down the settings to make it easier.

So, I realise this has got virtually no chance of success, but what the hell - nothing to lose :)

ps I am also hoping to get a Roland FA06, which is the main reason I just joined the forum.
Attachments
02 D13.mp3
(3.63 MiB) Downloaded 389 times
cello

Re: JX3P old preset D13

Post by cello »

Good luck with your quest! Would be fascinating if it was still lurking around somewhere.

Re the sound - the FA has presets that sound very similar to your sound; minor tweaking could get it fairly close. Alternatively have you thought about the Boutique JX? Whilst you don't know the settings, I fancy with knob twiddling from a similar preset you could again get close. You could use the FA as the controller.
jx3please

Re: JX3P old preset D13

Post by jx3please »

Thanks! If I do find it I'm definitely getting a lottery ticket lol

I think the key to the sound was a combination of cross modulation and LFO which gave it a rhythmic "vibrato" effect. I also programmed it on an old Ensoniq SQ2 as well but that's also long gone!

I am extremely tempted by the boutique JX03. The only thing putting me off is the limited polyphony of 4 notes, which I think is a bit daft. But, I guess they're not really aimed at proper musicians :(