Jupiter 6 Europa Timings

Forum for JUNO, JUPITER and JX synthesizers from 1980's
cantona999

Jupiter 6 Europa Timings

Post by cantona999 »

I brought (finally) a Jupiter 6 with the europa mod this week and it sounds great playing live.

I have a few issues though with the timing when the JP6 is controlled by my cirklon.

I have a pattern playing short stabs of one note on 16th notes on the 5th 7th 12th 14th 15th but for some reason I'm not getting that, instead I might get the odd note sound here and there but the timing doesn't sound right. I certainly don't get all the notes and I have made sure the decay and release are down.

I was told that I need to turn the europa mode on, not sure if this is true but I can't seem to find it in the manual. I would have thought after the mod was made that it would always be in europa mode. Is there a way to turn the europa mode on or a way to tell which mode your in?

Maybe it' the midi clock but again i'm not totally sure, if anyone could help in anyway it would be a great help. I've gone though the manual most of today and still not come up with an answer. Must be something simple I guess, maybe!