Juno 106 MIDI In Problem

Forum for JUNO, JUPITER and JX synthesizers from 1980's
iviondayjr

Juno 106 MIDI In Problem

Post by iviondayjr »

Hello synth friends!

Proud new owner of a Juno 106 and love this thing!

One problem I've noticed is that I cannot get the synth to produce sound via the MIDI In port. I have a MIDI interface connected to my computer via USB (M Audio Uno MIDISPORT). Using Reason as my DAW I can draw in some notes and chords and send the MIDI info back to the synth. Yet, no sound is produced?! I have 1/4 " s output connected to a PA.

Also note that my Juno 106 works great as a MIDI Controller. I am able to record my playing into my DAW no prob.

To double check that it was not a MIDI interface problem I connected the MIDI In to my Microbrute and this plays the notes just fine from my DAW.

Anyone have experience with this problem? Why would the MIDI Out on the Juno work just fine and not the MIDI In? Should I look to have the entire MIDI module replaced on the Juno? Should I open up the Juno and take a look? (Pretty nervous about this option, I dont trust myself that much).

Yes I have the correct MIDI channels assigned and the MIDI function switch is set to III on the back of the Juno.

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Hermax

Re: Juno 106 MIDI In Problem

Post by Hermax »

Maybe just another check is to try playing the Juno from the Microbrute? Just to make sure is is not some setting in Reason.