MC-909 Editor help needed.

Forum for TR-606/808/909, TB-303, MC-202 and other boxes from 1970-1980's
pablo_penelas

MC-909 Editor help needed.

Post by pablo_penelas »

Hallo!
Does the software editor have any resourse to export as Sysex (System Exclusive) the patches, patterns and system settings of the machine, so I could use the DAW of my computer to back-up my job? Or, is there any way to send that information directly to my DAW, through the MIDI interface?
Thanks!
PauloF

Re: MC-909 Editor help needed.

Post by PauloF »

pablo_penelas wrote:Hallo!
Does the software editor have any resourse to export as Sysex (System Exclusive) the patches, patterns and system settings of the machine, so I could use the DAW of my computer to back-up my job? Or, is there any way to send that information directly to my DAW, through the MIDI interface?
Thanks!
If all you want is to backup all your work, maybe the MC-909 backup/Restore feature is the best and simple one to use.

User Backup
Here’s how all user data in the user area can be saved on a memory card.
The following user data will be saved.
• User Patterns
• User Patches
• User Rhythm sets • Songs
• Samples
• Pattern sets
• RPS sets
• Arpeggio styles
• Chord forms
• System settings

In order to execute User Backup, the memory card must have approximately 16 MB or more free area.
1. Insert a memory card into the slot.
2. In the Utility screen, press [F5 (User Backup)]. 
A message will ask you for confirmation.
3. To execute the backup, press [F6 (Execute)].
* To cancel, press [F5 (Cancel)].

User Restore
Here’s how user data saved on a memory card by the User Backup operation can be reloaded back into the user memory of the MC-909.

When you execute User Restore, the current contents of the user area will be completely erased.
1. Into the slot, insert the memory card on which user data has been saved.
2. In the Utility screen, press [F6 (User Restore)]. A message will ask you for confirmation.
3. To proceed with the restoration, press [F6 (Execute)]. * To cancel, press [F5 (Cancel)].

I hope this helps