D-20 Sound Patches

Forum for D-50/550 and other D and U synthesizers from 1980-1990's
tssofnc

D-20 Sound Patches

Post by tssofnc »

I picked up a R-20 recently in real good condition cheap. Everything is fully functional, so the 3.5" floppy drive can read/write in Roland Format. I do need to reinstall the factory preset sound patches and such since they have been previously wiped out. So I downloaded the original files from Roland USA website to do that. It came with a Bo Tomlyn's Vol2 ROM (1988) and 3 Valhala Music Studio Series ROM (Effects, Analog and Digital - 1988, 1989) cards which all are still working.

I am trying to find out if anyone knows a good source where to find some of the original ROMs or Disks, or preserved sound/timbral files in MID or SYX formats that can be downloaded for free, purchase or trade with the sound libraries above. The Valhala Music cards I have are 3 of a series of 8: BT Vol1 I found.

Any thoughts?
Rolandplayer

Re: D-20 Sound Patches

Post by Rolandplayer »

I know your post has been here a while, but I hope we can help each other. I have a couple Roland D-20's with a few different ROM expansion cards. I too am looking for some of the classic Valhalla Studio Series ROM cards, but they are few and far between. I have only seen pictures of the Bo Tomlyn card for the D-50 and didn't even know that there were some made for the D-20.

I have a couple of the Valhala cards (Top 40 & New Age), as well as one from Voice Crystal and a set of 4 Roland expansion cards that I would be willing to trade for your Valhala & BT cards. I could trade on floppies as I refurbished my floppy drive by replacing the belt, so it is working again.

Hope to hear back from you.